Harley Davidson Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
13 FLTRU
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I installed LEDs around my '13 Road Glide and while I tried a few tricks to avoid it, I realize I need to install the load resistors for each to rid myself of a slight hyperflash.
Where I don't think they're too fast personally, I also believe it throws a code as I have my "red key" light on.
Question is where do others have theirs installed?
Keeping in mind these particular ones are the flat style, easiest thought would be to mount directly behind the LEDs in the signal housing.
Concern is I understand they can get a little warm.
Is this a good spot or should I be putting them somewhere else?
Where else would be ok front and back if necessary?
Please also keep in mind since i already have the Load resistors, I don't need/want to go buy another equalizer

·
Registered
2,667 Posts
Did you turn the bike on without starting and run the four ways for five minutes. Then shut the bike off and then start it up ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
13 FLTRU
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Did you turn the bike on without starting and run the four ways for five minutes. Then shut the bike off and then start it up ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
That was one of the "tricks"
The question is no longer IF i need them, but WHERE to put them

·
Registered
155 Posts
You can install the load resistor anywhere you want. I would find a place with good airflow. A lot of people like to hide them behind a panel or under the seat.

You can also add the load resistor anywhere along the lines that carry current to the lamp. So find a section of the wiring that is easier to splice into. Then run the wire from the splice to the resistor.

With motion and airflow, the resistor will cool. Signal lights don't stay on long enough, for a load resistor to heat up enough, to start a fire.

·
Registered
155 Posts
You can mount them anywhere you want. Pick a spot with good airflow. Maybe the front of the bike. Just zip tie them to the handlebar.........

·
Registered
13 FLTRU
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
You can mount them anywhere you want. Pick a spot with good airflow. Maybe the front of the bike. Just zip tie them to the handlebar.........
I want them hidden lol
That's why i thought inside the signal housing
Probably just as good airflow if not better than under the seat

1 - 9 of 9 Posts