Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
618 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone who has led signals ( turn and brake) what do you use and how do you like them? I've used super bright Led towers in the past but they won't fit the bullet signals. With options starting at $140 for all 4 signals this won't be cheap. Ugh.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Kuryakyn Rear Run-Turn-Brake Controller w/ Pulse Brake
Part #5497

Custom Dynamics LED Inserts

Very happy with the setup.

·
Acta Non Verba
2,093 Posts
HD brake, Custom Dynamics inserts and a Badlands controller.

Several times brighter than the stock bulbs.

·
Smiles. A lot!
8,683 Posts
Custom dynamics all the way around with a trail light flasher that flickers the trip bar in the back for 6 seconds before going solid. ..a really nice piece of might that the cages can't say they didn't see you

·
Registered
618 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Lots of CD customers. I guess I'll have to give them a try :p now, should I convert my rears to red run/brake/turn or leave them amber turn signals for the contrast? My hyperlites arrived yesterday and a superbrightleds 3157 should arrive Monday so I've got some decent light back there now.

·
Acta Non Verba
2,093 Posts
I really like the run/brake/turn module. The back of my bike needed more light and it was just the ticket.

I have the Badlands module, no flash sequence on the brake light, but it was simple plug and ride, no fuss.

·
Registered
11,666 Posts
I have a '13 RGC and they, and also the SGs, come with two round red lights in the back, much like the two amber lights on the back of your SB. On my RGC the two red lights are run/brake/turn. But the RGC and the SG don't come with a larger center light like your SB has.

About a year or so ago Custom Dynamics came out with an add on (stick on with 3M adhesive) LED tail light, looks much like your center red light, for the SG and the RGC and I bought one. Pretty easy install, have to drill one small hole in the fender to pass the wiring through, and it is plug and play into an unused connector under the left side cover.

That large red LED light in the center makes one hell of a difference!

And a forum member from Canada posted pics not long ago of a '15 RGS he got and the Canadian bikes come with a large red light in the center. I guess the Canadian government is more picky about
having adequate rear lighting than our government is.

·
The Angry One
10,578 Posts
I have a '13 RGC and they, and also the SGs, come with two round red lights in the back, much like the two amber lights on the back of your SB. On my RGC the two red lights are run/brake/turn. But the RGC and the SG don't come with a larger center light like your SB has.

About a year or so ago Custom Dynamics came out with an add on (stick on with 3M adhesive) LED tail light, looks much like your center red light, for the SG and the RGC and I bought one. Pretty easy install, have to drill one small hole in the fender to pass the wiring through, and it is plug and play into an unused connector under the left side cover.

That large red LED light in the center makes one hell of a difference!

And a forum member from Canada posted pics not long ago of a '15 RGS he got and the Canadian bikes come with a large red light in the center. I guess the Canadian government is more picky about
having adequate rear lighting than our government is.

Hey Joe, if you really want to add some light, check out the Dynamic Ringz with the Amber LED turns and the White DRL combo, and they also make a 4 pack kit for the rear as well....

Harley David LED Turn Signals - Custom Dynamics

I just ordered the front kit, after I saw them in action on cloondog's bike, I am SOLD on them. CaliBob just installed them after asking for the same advice.

·
Registered
11,666 Posts
Hey Joe, if you really want to add some light, check out the Dynamic Ringz with the Amber LED turns and the White DRL combo, and they also make a 4 pack kit for the rear as well....

Harley David LED Turn Signals - Custom Dynamics

I just ordered the front kit, after I saw them in action on cloondog's bike, I am SOLD on them. CaliBob just installed them after asking for the same advice.
Don, thank you. May have to get some of those--after temps in the garage get back to "comfortable" status.

·
The Angry One
10,578 Posts

·
Registered
11,666 Posts
Haha. Mine is a toasty 65
Mine is a not so toasty 35 or so, usually only a couple of degrees above outside air temp. Bike is on my Sears lift sitting straight up against the back wall so I can get my cage in too, and bike is covered with a couple of large towels and a sheet, battery tender plugged in, full gas tank with Seafoam, mouse traps set underneath bike, etc. She will remain in that status until we get temps in at least the upper 50s with dry roads. Temps here may hit upper 50s or even 60 on Tuesday but 90% chance of rain. Winter sucks!

·
IMMORTAL UNDEAD
904 Posts
Custom Dynamics front and rear with their controller and smoked lens $199.00 + free shipping. nice and bright.

·
Registered
618 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Is the controller necessary? I don't mind (actually kinda like) hyperflashing but I know the can bus systems can be sensitive to current draw. I'm not sure what Harleys BCM (or TSM, depending on the bike?) can handle. Still learning.

That 3157 I got from superbrightleds was made for can bus systems and didn't throw a code. It was too long to fit in the tail light though. So much for the cheap option!

·
Registered
947 Posts
Like Don said I put Custom Dynamic's front and back as a package and it came with the control module. My work great and I love the white ringz in the front to compliment the HID headlights.

·
Registered
429 Posts
HD LED tail/brake light and Custom Dynamics LED's for front/rear turn signals. The CD units were half the price of the HD LED turn signals.

·
Registered
476 Posts
Is the controller necessary? I don't mind (actually kinda like) hyperflashing but I know the can bus systems can be sensitive to current draw. I'm not sure what Harleys BCM (or TSM, depending on the bike?) can handle. Still learning.
I was looking at an LED system and have been told by a couple different people (and the HD parts guy) that since mine is a 2010 I would need a controller module. Some of the newer ones you can just swap out the bulb if you just want LED brake lights.

If I was going for it though I would change the amber turns in the rear to red and have them be brake/running lights also. I think that would take a controller module no matter what the year.

·
Registered
1,634 Posts
Custom Dynamics .nothing but the best imho.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts