Harley Davidson Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Howdy. New to the forum but not new to riding. Purchased my 1992 FLHS new from San Antonio in Nov '91. Sold it several years later because I hated that stupid TV screen. After too many years on foot, I just picked up a garaged 2009 FLSTC with only 1K miles. Needed some giddy-up work to get it back on the road, but it runs like a champ with new extra long fishtail exhaust.

I also changed the handlebar to a phat 36" beach bar, a taller windshield, and I'm replacing the overly-blingy leather bags with color-matched hard bags.

I recently replaced the large, goofy turn signal bar with a Kuryakyn Bullet 2098 turn signal bar. It has the LED license plate light underneath. I don't see an obvious place to get power from the brake light housing terminals and was wondering if anyone has made this conversion. I really want to relocate the license plate to the new, lower position under the bar.

Any help in properly powering that LED plate light would be much appreciated.

·
Harley Rider
10,488 Posts
Welcome from College Station, TX.

·
Registered
671 Posts
Welcome from central Florida.

·
American
28,694 Posts
Welcome from Indiana.

·
812 Posts
Hi BSA.

Welcome from Maryland.

My Ride is older however there are some things that are carried on through each model year. Your tail lights and turn signals probably come to a connector where the fender meets the frame. At that connector there is probably a wire to power certain accessories such as a fender tip light or other similar things. On my bike the wire in orange and white. It is wired to a separate fuse from the running lights so if something goes wrong you still have your running lights working. A factory service manual would have a good wiring diagram that you could use as a guide. If all your circuits to the back are used. you could always get some 18 gauge wire, a inline fuse, and roll your own.

Good luck.

Jonathan

·
luv the low country
20,328 Posts
Welcome from Conway, SC.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts