Harley Davidson Forums banner
1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
12,061 Posts
I added a Custom Dynamics stick-on (with 3M adhesive) center LED tail light made for RG Custom and SG bikes that don't come with a center tail light. After drilling a small hole for the wiring and sticking the light on it plugs into an unused connector hanging under the left side cover. Now with the 2 round red tail/turn/brake lights that came on the bike the larger CD LED center tail/brake light is a welcome addition and greatly improves my visibility from the rear.

·
2,327 Posts
I have the letdown Harley. Very nice. Pricey.

·
Flat Land *******
2,765 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
These work well. Replaces std. 1156 & 1157 bulbs . :thumb
I looked at those in JP Cycles. I cannot for the life of me to get my bulb out. The manual says turn 1/4 CCW but that doesn't seem to work. I've sprayed pb blaster penetrating oil around it, so far, no go. Is it a reg. bulb a standard 1157 bulb? I may try one of these led bulbs before I replace the whole light. If I replace the light itself, does it plug into the base or would the plugs be under the fender? Thanks for everybody's help.

·
Registered
62 Posts
I'm with SLJ, the brightasslight is great! I rode behind one once and was annoyed by the flashing light and then realized that is exactly what I want for the lady behind me putting on her make up in the mirror. The programming is a great feature too!

·
Banned
71 Posts
I looked at those in JP Cycles. I cannot for the life of me to get my bulb out. The manual says turn 1/4 CCW but that doesn't seem to work. I've sprayed pb blaster penetrating oil around it, so far, no go. Is it a reg. bulb a standard 1157 bulb? I may try one of these led bulbs before I replace the whole light. If I replace the light itself, does it plug into the base or would the plugs be under the fender? Thanks for everybody's help.
Try pushing down before you turn it . :)

The LED replaces a std 1157 , also make one to replace a std. 1156 .

·
VA Fender Bender
5,551 Posts
Push in 1/8 in and then CCW 1/4 turn.

·
VA Fender Bender
5,551 Posts
oops just saw Webco s post my bad

·
Flat Land *******
2,765 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I just ordered a light from Radiantz, with strobe brake. In the mean time. I'm gonna try to replace standard bulb till the new light comes in. Thanks again for everybodies help and advice. Great bunch of guys here. :nod Y'all ride safe and enjoy.:ride

1 - 20 of 44 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.