Harley Davidson Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Harley FNG
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone ever owned a LaPera seat? I like the look of them and the different stitchings that can be added but I don't wanna pay for an uncomfortable seat.

·
Wayward Son
23,864 Posts
They have been around a long time. Quality seats.
Comfort? Riding style\length of time in the saddle will dictate the style of seat that will get you the most comfort.
Often a trade off between form\looks and function.

Some, myself included, have 2 seats. Local and touring.
T~S is strictly a one up bike. So it is 2 solos. The Le Pera Barebones with gel.
Plan on the Mustang Vintage Solo for distance.

Padding helps. But width is important too. Too narrow a seat will soon feel like a hard wedge seeking refugee in a very personal spot. :eek

·
Harley FNG
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks T~S. The furthest I have ridden so far is about 100miles and about 1/2 way thru the stock FXDB seat had my backside pretty numb. Not sure what my commute is going to be lick after my move but the seat advice is much appreciated.

·
Alberta Strong
4,478 Posts
ImageUploadedByMotorcycle1416948474.631442.jpg
Here's the photo of mine. 2 piece or solo. Full Italian leather, custom stitching and biker gel. Kept it when I traded my Softail.
I'm going to have to put it up for sale soon.

·
Harley FNG
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Darn that bike is pretty oldredog77. A back rest will be a requirement, just gotta find the right one. Thanks for all the info everyone. :thumbsup

·
Registered
206 Posts
I have a Lepera Aviator solo. It's firm, lowered me down a little, and good quality. Service was good. I'm happy with it.

·
Registered
44 Posts
I have the Bare Bones solo on the Wide Glide
Cross stitch pattern
Would I ride it to California?
No,but for an around town or Day trip its as good as you will do with such a low profile seat.

·
Registered
1,967 Posts
I have the Bare-Bones on my W/G also and the look is 100% killer , just don't expect to ride long distance on it . I've heard that the gel-option is even harder than without it !
Great around town & bar hoppin , Show & Shine , biker gatherings and such .
I've read on another forum that the Silhouette Solo is NOT any better that the Bare Bones as far as comfort goes . Their not built for comfort , just styling !!!!

·
Harley FNG
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
All good info. Thanks y'all. As of now I just commute on the bike but hopefull next spring/summer I can do a little more long distance riding. My biggest issue now is funding. I've discovered the making my bike "my bike" cost quite a bit lol

·
Registered
2,534 Posts
might want to take a look at the saddleman dominator - love mine and keeps my fanny happy on all day rides

·
Registered
751 Posts
Timmay... If the stock seat on you FXDB is the same as the one that came stock on my FXDC (SuperGlide) any more than 100 miles is pure torture. At least it WAS for me.

I can't comment on the seat you are asking about. I can comment about others saying there is a trade off of form vs. function / comfort.

I bought an HD tallboy seat for mine. I can ride it as long as I care to. Even 5 day trips. It is however not the greatest looking seat on my bike. I just can't see right now spending a bunch of money on a seat for looks only. Darn thing could use more power.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I had a La Pera bare bones seat on my fxr. I didn't like the fact that every time I grabbed a handful of throttle I slid back on the seat a little. Looked great but not that comfortable for a long ride. Opted for a Mustang touring seat. Very happy with that one. The difference in seat night hardly noticed.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

1 - 20 of 20 Posts