Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 20 of 180 Posts

·
Rocker Chik
3,317 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
There doesn't seem to be many Rocker owners around and I have yet to see another Rocker going down the road. I thought it would be fun and informative if we have a thread where everyone can show off their Rocker and list the upgrades they've done along with where they bought the part(s).

So, this is my 2008 Rocker C, FCCWC.

The cowl is from Harley Davidson, part no. #57039-03BDK

The pully,

the rotors,

and wheels are from the "Nemesis" series by Wicked Image.

The foot pegs are "Tribal 5" from Accutronix. (The points are really sharp!!) The brake pedal I think came from HD. I saw one just like it on their website.

The grips are Eddie Trotta Designs from Drag Specialties Fat Book, pg 1074. I don't know where the mirrors are from.

The air cleaner is the "Twister" from Drag Specialties, pgs 596,565.

The pipes are West Coast Choppers-Jesse James, "Hell Bents" and I believe they came from Heartland.

The fork bag: I do not know where it came from.

·
Rocker Chik
3,317 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
The seat is a Danny Gray solo. I plan to have some memory foam added at some point. The license plate frame I had made but have yet to put it on the bike. I had one years ago and always liked it. As they say, I ride like I stole it!

I am planning to have the pipes ceramic coated in dark blue to match the bike. I'm told it will lower the temperature some and it doesn't change colors. I also don't care for the handlebars so I plan to have pull back risers added and some kind of handlebar as soon as I find a cool one.

·
Rocker Chik
3,317 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank you!

·
Registered
1,364 Posts
Rocker FXCW

Ok all
Here is my Rocker,can't compare to Sarah's C model but I still like it.

Vance & Hines slip ons,Arlen Ness air filter system,Dobeck tuner,Danny Gray seat,Skull derby cover,cam cover, airfilter insert,LaRosa swing arm bag.Saddleman tool bag,Screaming Eagle red plug wires. Several more changes planned before Spring.
Colt.45

·
Rocker Chik
3,317 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Nice bike! Real NICE!
Thanks! Where in PA are you? I just moved from Drexel Hill, outside Philly, to the San Diego area.

·
Rocker Chik
3,317 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
She looks great Alan. Is the passenger pillion on the rear fender the suction cup type or bolt on?

·
Rocker Chik
3,317 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
This past Sunday I rode to a local HD dealer in San Marcos and they happened to have a custom Rocker for sale. I'm not an expert on these but I'm thinking the rear fender is likely a Heartland, the seat I don't know and the wheels look like they may have been powder coated.

The color looked awesome!

Sweet looking bike!

·
Methhead
2,574 Posts
I don't see you showing up to Collision 3 on that, but you should. Nice sled!

·
Rocker Chik
3,317 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks Cali_Bob! AndyG, thank you, what is Collision 3?

·
las drogas son malas
3,248 Posts
I don't see you showing up to Collision 3 on that, but you should. Nice sled!
Yes!

Thanks Cali_Bob! AndyG, thank you, what is Collision 3?
Sarah, I'll meet you where Hwy 58 and I-15 meet north of LA and we'll be in Vegas in a couple hours. From there it's Zion, Monument Valley, Vail... and then we meet up with a group of the nicest hooligans you'll ever meet and ride w/ them the rest of the way to Eureka Springs, AR where CIII madness will ensue. The way back we'll be finding and riding Rte 66 from Tulsa to LA. This isn't til June so you have a few months to pack. See you then! :D

·
Rocker Chik
3,317 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Yes!

Sarah, I'll meet you where Hwy 58 and I-15 meet north of LA and we'll be in Vegas in a couple hours. From there it's Zion, Monument Valley, Vail... and then we meet up with a group of the nicest hooligans you'll ever meet and ride w/ them the rest of the way to Eureka Springs, AR where CIII madness will ensue. The way back we'll be finding and riding Rte 66 from Tulsa to LA. This isn't til June so you have a few months to pack. See you then! :D

Hey, that helps alot! Now I don't have to read a 333 page thread. :eek

So, the jist, as I understand so far, is that a bunch of forum "hooligans" take off from all parts of the country and converge on Eureka Springs. Is there an event there or is THIS the event?

I love cross country rides and wouldn't hesitate taking my Rocker. My work schedule and finances will have to govern whether I could seriously consider it. It's been 7 years since some friends and I rode from CA to Mich and back and I'm itchin' to do it again. I'll have to be on the fence until the time draws closer and I know what my work situation is. :)

·
Alberta Strong
4,478 Posts
Hey, that helps alot! Now I don't have to read a 333 page thread. :eek

So, the jist, as I understand so far, is that a bunch of forum "hooligans" take off from all parts of the country and converge on Eureka Springs. Is there an event there or is THIS the event?

I love cross country rides and wouldn't hesitate taking my Rocker. My work schedule and finances will have to govern whether I could seriously consider it. It's been 7 years since some friends and I rode from CA to Mich and back and I'm itchin' to do it again. I'll have to be on the fence until the time draws closer and I know what my work situation is. :)
To answer your question. This is the event.
All parts of the country and Canada. :)

·
las drogas son malas
3,248 Posts
Yep, as ORD said, CIII is the event. And it'll be worth it. I promise you that.

Sorry to derail your thread. PM me (or post in the CIII thread) if you're interested as time gets closer. I hit the road on June 6 and will be back in LA on the 20th.

·
Registered
1,364 Posts
Sarah
My pillion is the suction cup type. The first few rides I was concerned as to whether it would stay on and was constantly reaching back to see if it was still there......:) Never even budged though.
Colt.45

1 - 20 of 180 Posts