Harley Davidson Forums banner
1 - 20 of 198 Posts

·
Registered
581 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I recently bought a riding vest and want to add some patches and pins to it. Wondering if anyone has any pics of theirs so I can get and idea with what I want to do with mine.

.…...........................................

"I'd rather be riding my motorcycle thinking about God than sitting in church thinking about my motorcycle"

·
The Extreme Member
1,477 Posts
Every person's vest is different unless you ride with an MC

Lay the vest out and place them where they look good to you, make it yours and nobody else's
You will enjoy it more

·
Registered
1,167 Posts
Good luck with vest

Sure it'll turn out fine

I have a vest now for about ten twelve yrs

I used to wear it over this leather jacket I had

Never put any pins or patches on it

Matter of fact I never wear it at all anymore

·
Registered
265 Posts
I'm glad you put up this thread, I am still trying to decide what I want to be when I grow up. Let me say this a little differently...I got some patches and wanted to place them on a vest. I started off with a good quality vest (about $75.00) and got a few patches put on it. I left the placement up to the sewers, a group that shows up to my local HD dealer on Saturdays. Aside from what I believed to be not-so-good-sewmanship of some of the patches, the vest had a bunch of pockets (outside and inside) and did not allow the placement of patches on the lower front. Yes, I was told a good sewer could rip the seam, do what was needed, and then sew it back. I decided this vest was better suited for an MC, so I removed the 3 patches from this vest, and sought out a new vest.

I was searching for a vest for patches only--no gun pocket/interior pockets, just a place to put my patches, present (HOG and year I started) and anticipated (US flag, TX flag, HOG current year) and pins. Concerning the flags, I want to conform to the rules out of respect for my country, state and the people that gave their lives for our freedom.

I found something that looked like it fit the bill on eBay. Less than half of what I paid for the first vest, genuine leather, no inside pockets, just two outside pockets near the bottom. When I got the vest, it was no where near the quality of the first vest. It was leather, but what type, I am not sure. It seemed to be really thin, as if it could be torn like paper.

To say I am reluctant to put any patches on this vest is an understatement. I've done searches in this forum, other HD forums and G00gl3 searches but still can't get a definitive. Right now I am in a holding pattern, looking for a better quality vest just for patches.

Also, I've joined my local HOG group and hope to get more patches. I've been checking out their vests and patch placement, other than the US flag being on the front left side and the highest patch, placement seems to vary.

Not to hijack your thread, or be disrespectful to anyone, but pictures of your vests, brand, where you got it from and of course patch placement would probably be beneficial to a bunch of us.

:biker:

·
Registered
581 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Not to hijack your thread, or be disrespectful to anyone, but pictures of your vests, brand, where you got it from and of course patch placement would probably be beneficial to a bunch of us.:biker:

Yea anything helps. I like seeing the individuality and creativity and pull certain things into my vest. We share a lot on this forum and all pull ideas from each other. It's good ��

"I'd rather be riding my motorcycle thinking about God than sitting in church thinking about my motorcycle"

·
The Extreme Member
1,477 Posts
When I get home in the morning, I will take a couple of pictures of mine and post them so you can see, right now I am working

·
Registered
581 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
There's an HD Forums Patch?

·
Registered
581 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks for all the replies they look great

·
Registered
1,372 Posts
My vest.........

Here is a picture of mine.Got our current flag on the back along with our early one and of course the "Sons of Arthritis" :)
Colt.45

Reactions: FrankenTrike

·
VA Fender Bender
5,551 Posts
looks great Buckanear

1 - 20 of 198 Posts