Harley Davidson Forums banner
181 - 198 of 198 Posts
Search for

Ukrpatcher

On Facebook, he can probably hook u up
Oh awesome, thanks. I sent them a message and they got back really quick said they could do it. Bonus points, they make patches for metal bands. Now I guess I need to draw the thing out, ha ha ha!

^^Nice. I didn't know that one existed. Since my family tree traces back to a member of the original Son's of Liberty I'd love that one.
Sorry I had to walk this back. I checked with relatives and there is no mention of this. I have ancestors that fought for liberty in the revolutionary war though so I'm proud of that.

I went on Craigslist to find someone to sew the vest. There was only one. “Been sewing for over forty years.” I went to the house. Two dobermans and a pit bull behind the side fence. Barking but not acting like I'm their next meal. I knock on the door. Knock again and this 85 to 90 year old frail 5' woman invites me in. She tapes down the patches where I want them. Her grandson was there. 20's I guess. Says he wants a Harley someday. Her skin was so thin I can see the bones and knuckles in her hands. She says $50. I look around and see the cupboards are worn and blankets over the couch. I say no problem. Several days later I get the call and I go over to pick it up. The sewing is very professional. Except the lowest patch in the bottom is 1/2” to the right. Now if you're OCD it would drive you nuts. Or if it was a business I'd stuff it up their azz. However I said; "Here's a $100." It was worth it to see her face. She handed a pamphlet on Jesus and said she always says a prayer for us riders. It was a good day.

I went on Craigslist to find someone to sew the vest. There was only one. “Been sewing for over forty years.” I went to the house. Two dobermans and a pit bull behind the side fence. Barking but not acting like I'm their next meal. I knock on the door. Knock again and this 85 to 90 year old frail 5' woman invites me in. She tapes down the patches where I want them. Her grandson was there. 20's I guess. Says he wants a Harley someday. Her skin was so thin I can see the bones and knuckles in her hands. She says $50. I look around and see the cupboards are worn and blankets over the couch. I say no problem. Several days later I get the call and I go over to pick it up. The sewing is very professional. Except the lowest patch in the bottom is 1/2” to the right. Now if you're OCD it would drive you nuts. Or if it was a business I'd stuff it up their azz. However I said; "Here's a $100." It was worth it to see her face. She handed a pamphlet on Jesus and said she always says a prayer for us riders. It was a good day.
Well done.

Personally I would never wear an American flag in less than pristine condition. The symbol of my national pride should not be represented or displayed in tatters unless it's an actual battle flag honoring those who fought and died under it. It should not be represented in black and gray, blue and silver or in different shades of olive green. The colors of my flag are Red, White and Blue and should not be represented in any other colors in an attempt to make it look tactical or fanatical. Anyway, that's what I think.

Personally I would never wear an American flag in less than pristine condition. The symbol of my national pride should not be represented or displayed in tatters unless it's an actual battle flag honoring those who fought and died under it. It should not be represented in black and gray, blue and silver or in different shades of olive green. The colors of my flag are Red, White and Blue and should not be represented in any other colors in an attempt to make it look tactical or fanatical. Anyway, that's what I think.
The "tactical" ones as you call them are a form of camouflage.

May not have been designed by the Military. But have been accepted and worn by them.
Coloring depends on the BDU`s being worn, environment the Troops are operating in.

Good enough for them. Sure as hell good enough for me. IMO

No. I do not wear a "camo" 50 star Flag.
I do wear a black and grey 13 star Betsy Ross one.

The "tactical" ones as you call them are a form of camouflage. May not have been designed by the Military. But have been accepted and worn by them.

Good enough for them. Sure as hell good enough for me. IMO
There are many things these days that have become "accepted" but that doesn't necessarily make them the correct thing to do. Then again, I can only decide what is correct for me which is the position that I put forth.

Reactions: JLR
Limited option lol

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

I'm trying to find a Padi patch but all I can find are master diver or the like. Is there one that is just PADI?
Yes, there are patches for PADI Open Water SCUBA Diver. Most PADI sponsored shops have them, or you can by them directly from PADI for a few bucks.

Here's mine, don't have many patches yet, I'm the new guy.
I take it by the Supporter back-patch you must have served in Korea after combat operations ceased? If not, you should be a full-patched member. I'm a full member with 49-1. Iraq '05-06 and Afghan '09-10. Anyway, good to see another CVMA brother-in-arms!

Reactions: red sport.
I take it by the Supporter back-patch you must have served in Korea after combat operations ceased? If not, you should be a full-patched member. I'm a full member with 49-1. Iraq '05-06 and Afghan '09-10. Anyway, good to see another CVMA brother-in-arms!
Thanks for the come back Paladin, I was in the Navy 12-53 2-57, joined at 17 yrs. got in on what was called Kiddy cruise got out before I was 21, MY story, I wanted in the Sea Bee's But, because I took typing in high school they put me in a office as a Yeoman I tell everybody that Ford Tractor on the farm didn't count as heavy equipment So, I never left the states nor seen Combat. That is why I'm a Supporter they said. (28-4 Guin Al.) PS: I moved my flag pen to the top, found out nothing is supposed 2 be above it & on L side.

Attachments

181 - 198 of 198 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.