Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
1,154 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently traded for an 11' classic. I am wanting to start with some very minor customization here and there. One of the things I want to start with is lighting.
I realize some do not like all the additional lighting on bikes. I guess I lean towards the "i just want to be seen" by the cager crowd.

I am interested in the undercarriage frame type lighting

I am interested in the windshield trim lighting

passenger floorboard lights

review mirror turn signals

saddlebag or faring accent lighting

I am not saying that I want every single option I've listed or others may list on the same bike, I would just like to see the options that are out there I may be unfamiliar with so I can get a better Idea of where my limited funds will be best spent.

I most likely will not be doing the install on much if any of this. I have a couple different places im "interviewing" to handle the install, but I am looking at getting the most out of my money. No need to spend $100.00 from a big brand when less expensive options are available.

would love to see pics of whatever mods you've had done.

thanks much!

·
Registered
273 Posts
i am starting to check into it also there is a custom shop near me that have boogey lights and the engine kit is $89 and $49 for the instal and they have lifetime warranty

·
Registered
581 Posts
ImageUploadedByMO Free1424379130.967376.jpg
Not sure if this helps but I added kuryakyn lizard lights set to my bike. Really helps with being seen.

~Ride Safe~

·
Registered
1,154 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
View attachment 317826
Not sure if this helps but I added kuryakyn lizard lights set to my bike. Really helps with being seen.

~Ride Safe~
is that just the reflector on your bags or a powered light. Is that a multi color light set or single? It appears to have two placements around the motor and at least one on the rear / or possibly one on each side.

·
Registered
1,154 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
if it works, here's a pic of my 14' RK. blue lights are what's added.
i think those look great. Which ones did you go with?
What state are you located in, and what's your understanding of the legalities of running with the lights.

·
Registered
581 Posts
is that just the reflector on your bags or a powered light. Is that a multi color light set or single? It appears to have two placements around the motor and at least one on the rear / or possibly one on each side.

Yea that's the reflector. Multicolored lights that are controlled by a switch mounted to the frame and in reach while riding. It's a great product. Really helps being visible at night.

~Ride Safe~

·
Registered
581 Posts
Yea that's the reflector. Multicolored lights that are controlled by a switch mounted to the frame and in reach while riding. It's a great product. Really helps being visible at night.

~Ride Safe~

ImageUploadedByMO Free1424474806.167902.jpg

~Ride Safe~

·
Black Velvet Elvis
169 Posts
Those Kuryakyn lizard lights are definitely on my list, been checking those out for a while now. They have different color settings which can change as you ride, or stay a constant color, or flash if desired. I think you can even get a remote control. Don't know what's legal but imagine there are some guidelines or stronger rules to what you can and can't do with lights.

·
old scoot coot
3,689 Posts
View attachment 317826

~Ride Safe~
man, ik love that. i think its the neatest thing i ever saw. im an old guy that never rides at night, too many deer. if i , no when i get those ill be running around town just to show them off. is the engine and ground effects all one set of the lizard lights? how much did the cost? ive long forgotten the reaction i had when i saw my first naked lady, im thinkin it was similar to seeing your accent lights. they are awe inspiring beautiful. thanks for photo!

·
Registered
581 Posts
man, ik love that. i think its the neatest thing i ever saw. im an old guy that never rides at night, too many deer. if i , no when i get those ill be running around town just to show them off. is the engine and ground effects all one set of the lizard lights? how much did the cost? ive long forgotten the reaction i had when i saw my first naked lady, im thinkin it was similar to seeing your accent lights. they are awe inspiring beautiful. thanks for photo!
Hahaha. Yea it's all one set. You can buy extenders, which I did, and they can be put anywhere. Really a great purchase. Nice feature. They are Kuryakyn brand so I'm sure you can find them on their website. They can be found on Amazon too, maybe eBay. To get them to where I have them you need the extenders, and some extra adapters. You can get those for a good price on Kuryakyn and Amazon website. Any questions feel free to ask!

Here also...
http://www.jpcycles.com/product/331-189

.…...........................................

"I'd rather be riding my motorcycle thinking about God than sitting in church thinking about my motorcycle"

·
old scoot coot
3,689 Posts
:eek
Hahaha. Yea it's all one set. You can buy extenders, which I did, and they can be put anywhere. Really a great purchase. Nice feature. They are Kuryakyn brand so I'm sure you can find them on their website. They can be found on Amazon too, maybe eBay. To get them to where I have them you need the extenders, and some extra adapters. You can get those for a good price on Kuryakyn and Amazon website. Any questions feel free to ask!

Here also...
Kuryakyn Super Lizard Maximus Kit | 331-189 | J&P Cycles thanks a bunch, jopagocks, ill pm you with some questions when i get ready to do install. tommy

.…...........................................

"I'd rather be riding my motorcycle thinking about God than sitting in church thinking about my motorcycle"

·
old scoot coot
3,689 Posts
:what?

Here also...
Kuryakyn Super Lizard Maximus Kit | 331-189 | J&P Cycles im trying to get them ordered. did you buy a starter set of lights( with four lights) or that with the expansion set ( two more lights and some extra plugs) does your bike have the basic set of four lights and you got extensions for two of them? or did you buy the super lizard maximus kit and some more estensions? thaks ever so much, tommy

·
Registered
3 Posts
You could get something like this and an additional roll of lights and connectors and go to town on your bike for under 100.00. And it comes with a remote. I use them on my rv for accent lighting. If you can solder you don't need the connectors just some wire and silicone to seal them up.
Just cut the power lead and wire to a switch, they are 12v.

http://amzn.com/B006U5SE7U

·
Registered
37 Posts
I have custom dynamics lights on mine. Gonna get a few more to go under the bags shortly when I get the chance or either at MB bike week if they are there again.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,154 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
i got some installed this past weekend. I'll have to get some pic's and vid taken this week so I can post it for ya.
This was a small company in the DFW area. I paid $25 to have him come to my house for the install. 10 strips all together. Lifetime warranty on lights and installation. Very reasonably priced

This guy also has LED headlights made for his company. I picked up the LED headlight for an additional $60.00. Riding with my buddy Saturday and last night, he was saying you can see me in the rearview among all the other headlights and pick me out easially.

PM me if your in the DFW area and looking for a lighting guy.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts