Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
This got me thinking:

I have seen a picture of Harleys at the bottom of Hoover Dam via restricted acess road.

I have seen a picture of Harleys on a runway with an a10 WARTHOG

I have never seen a Harley on the deck of an aircraft carrier.

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Took a ride down to Port Aransas and Corpus yesterday and back 518 miles. It was a real nice ride except when we left there was a heavy wet fog, kinda like riding through a mister. Left out at 7:30am and took hwy183 to Lockhart (about a half hour out of town) and had breakfast at the "Kountry Kitchen", nice people good food. We got back on the road around 8:45am and the fog had lifted and the sun was out. We stopped at a few roadside parks for breaks one of them is where the group pic was taken. We saw a fairly large amount of bikes on the road all types. The ferry over to Port Aransas was cool, we just rode by all these cars to right up front and onto the next avilible ferry, heard some disgruntled cagers as we went by. The sign I saw as we started past on the sholder was "45min from this point".

Our route....

·
2007 Ultra Classic
1,285 Posts
This got me thinking:

I have seen a picture of Harleys at the bottom of Hoover Dam via restricted acess road.

I have seen a picture of Harleys on a runway with an a10 WARTHOG

I have never seen a Harley on the deck of an aircraft carrier.
At the 2005 Texas State HOG Rally, they lined up several hundred Harleys on the Lexington and took pictures. I don't have one.

·
On a ride
4,996 Posts
RB... As always, great images. Always like seeing a map too. Thanks for posting. Once rented an E-Glide out of Houston over a three day February weekend, maybe four years ago, and rode along the Gulf Coast. For a land locked rider, very cool. Rode to the beach near Matagorda? Very, very cool. Then on to Corpus, cut to the west past Alice (Now I know where all the birds go in the winter), and remember spending a night in Kenedy. Nice to see it on the map. Great three day ride.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts