Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently purchased a 2012 Electraglide classic. This bike was a police bike, and came with the police bike rear rack that held the siren box etc... I swapped that out for the 4 point docking system with the detachable sissy bar and back rack. All is well except the license plate mount was attached to the old police rack.

Now I need to find a new mount that will attach to the fender above the tail light, as thats where the white license plate lamp shines. There isn't much clearance between the top of the tail light lens and the bottom of the detachable rack.

Wondering if anyone else has had a similar incident, and if anyone knows which mount will work?

Thanks for any help.

·
The Angry One
10,578 Posts

·
Registered
7,340 Posts
The stock plate mount for a regular Ultra/EGC is to the bottom of the tour-Pak mount.

Guys that switch to the quick release tour-pak have to deal with the same issue. A lot of them will swap over to the Street Glide setup, but as mentioned, that means a new tail light and a new signal bar. That's an easy install, but the parts would probably cost you a modest chunk of money - probably a few hundred bucks.

Try searching for quick release Tour-Pak. You may find some creative solutions.

·
MPG'S? Who gives a
9,925 Posts
If you still have the chrome rail that sits above the taillight, you can do the same thing I did. Just check fitment. Just not sure about the 2012's..

Part#60210-07 Framed layback license plate mount.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts