Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I hate where my plate is located too. Unfortunately, as nice as that looks, it's illegal (here in Jersey). Don't want to give them a reason to pull me over.
Fortunately here in Louisiana, it's not. had the same set up on my Breakout.

·
The Ride of Life
442 Posts
Fortunately here in Louisiana, it's not. had the same set up on my Breakout.
Check the vehicle code yourself. Mosley they say the license place must be displayed in clear view, and that's about it. Here in the Republik of Kalafornia they say nothing about it being turned 90 degrees. Now, if you cover it with plastic, that's forbidden!!!

- Go figure.

- Brother B

·
Registered
529 Posts
The lic plate mount in post #1 would be illegal here in Florida. Plate can be mounted vertically but must be displayed so it reads top to bottom and left to right.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Brand of bracket ???

Relocated the license plate on my 2018 Fatboy, hate where Harley Davidson put it.

View attachment 647866

View attachment 647874
That looks real nice ! where did you get the bracket ? brand ? Supplier ? I also have an 18 Fatboy and have been looking for a good looking side mount . I have one ordered now but it bolts to the swing frame with a clamp , I kinda like the axle bolt mounted bracket like you have

·
Registered
6 Posts
So what did you do with the OEM wiring for the stock mount? Just picked up a 2018 Fatboy & was looking to do the same.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have a ‘17 breakout. I didn’t want the swing arm mount and to do rewriting so I put the Kuryian horiz. Plate holder on vertically. I cut the old mount just above where the hidden spring attaches then drilled and tapped a 5/16 hole and mounted it. I think it looks great.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts