Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How do you guys lift your Dynas?

My brother dropped his off, and I'm going to put new tires on it, but HOW DO YOU PUT THIS THING ON THE LIFT?

It's got all kinds of crap haning under the frame!!! Kickstand, oil pan.....WTF?

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
http://www.nightrider.com/biketech/bikelift.htm

cut a slot in the timber to accomodate the "fin" structure under the Dyna frame.
I've seen these before. I have a lift, so I'm more inclined to just get the pads for this thing.

The problem with it is the oil pan hangs below the frame rails, so you'll need to clearance for it too.

In the end, it's just easier to get the adaptors.

·
2007 Ultra Classic
1,285 Posts
I just cut a couple of 2" x 8"s and nailed them on a 1" x 8" so that each wheel was on one of the blocks when I rode it up on the board. This gave me room to get my jack underneath and position a 2" x 4" and then jack it up.

·
STAND AND FIGHT!
13,188 Posts
Nathan has admitted to being a bit frugal.
$25 for that set of frame adapters doesn't even cause a moment's hesitation, I appreciate RJ making them known.

Besides, frugal is all relative. And floor lift solutions don't necessary meld with a shop lift. My shop lift has a scissors jack arrangement for lifting the bike above the lift deck, but it also wants a smooth surface, there are some adapters with it, but those special purpose frame spacers will be perfect for that use.

·
Registered
4 Posts
dealer way

Worked in one of those high class brand name establishments. Only thing I ever used or seen used was 2x4 and a strap. Works fine no adapter blocks needed. If you got extra moola to waste send some my way.

·
Registered
3,736 Posts
I think it would be nice if there was a "tools" thread on the main forum page.
A place where We could post pics of tools We have made and also a place to post websites that have tools that We can purchase.:nod:nod:nod

1 - 11 of 11 Posts