Harley Davidson Forums banner
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Kicking Rocks...
11,293 Posts
If you have the room I would say lift table…

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: 1/2 Ton

·
Kicking Rocks...
11,293 Posts
If you can find the Craftsman Red jack around that’s always a safe bet.
Depending on the use(meaning heavy usage not lifting) you may want to look at a J&s

Again budget will be the limiting factor.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
781 Posts
Harbor Freight sells a good quality jack. Looks identical to the Craftsman. Probably made by the same company. Just rebadged for HF. Owned both. Craftsman wore out the pivots after about 10 years. HF still going strong.

·
Retired citizen
25,593 Posts
I watched the J&S vid and I'm liking it. I wouldn't try what they did in the vid with my 25 year old Craftsman floor jack but it has served me well. I use my jack mostly to just get the bike wheels off the floor to do fall away tests, everything else goes up on my Handy™ floor hoists.

Reactions: Kainam

·
Registered
2 Posts
Harbor Freight sells a good quality jack. Looks identical to the Craftsman. Probably made by the same company. Just rebadged for HF. Owned both. Craftsman wore out the pivots after about 10 years. HF still going strong.
I love the Harbor Freight jack! Thout it was a $100 POS only to find it's really stable and works every time...

·
weird member
1997 Softail Custom (FXSTC)
3,967 Posts
I don't know what HF jack you guys are referring to, I have the grey Pittsburgh Pro motorcycle scissor one from HF and I wouldn't recommend it if it's that one. The rubber that keeps the bike from sliding around got brittle and broke off from the cheap glue after only 6 months. The scissor frame part that lifts on the bike also is way more flexible than I am comfortable with.

I need to replace the stupid thing, I just need stuff to stop happening long enough to afford a decent one.

·
Registered
21 LowRider S
44,706 Posts
I don't know what HF jack you guys are referring to, I have the grey Pittsburgh Pro motorcycle scissor one from HF and I wouldn't recommend it if it's that one. The rubber that keeps the bike from sliding around got brittle and broke off from the cheap glue after only 6 months. The scissor frame part that lifts on the bike also is way more flexible than I am comfortable with.

I need to replace the stupid thing, I just need stuff to stop happening long enough to afford a decent one.
This is the one they're talking about.
$100 version

$200 version

·
weird member
1997 Softail Custom (FXSTC)
3,967 Posts
This is the one they're talking about.
$100 version

$200 version
Yeah, that $100 version looks just like the unstable POS that I have, same brand too.

Maybe I just got a crap one, that is my luck, but it has been sketchy unstable since day two and the rubber pads were garbage after 6 months.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Font Vehicle Machine Electronic device Engineering
I Font Vehicle Machine Electronic device Engineering
i highly recommend this one. Price is excellent and function meets an exceeds similar versions that cost up to 3 times more. Lifts my 2022 Roadglide Limited with ease and is very stable and just as importantly, it lowers very smooth allowing total control of the bike. I have owned many versions and this one is best by far. This is the $200 one, much much better than the cheaper one they sell.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts