Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
I just bought the Craftsman Pro bike jack. It has the two extension pieces that I've read I needed for the Dyna. I'm not sure if this will work because it doesn't slide under the bike. Where should I be placing the jack to lift my bike up correctly. Thanks. Figured I'd ask here first before going back outside to experiment.

·
Registered
598 Posts
Hi,
I just bought the Craftsman Pro bike jack. It has the two extension pieces that I've read I needed for the Dyna. I'm not sure if this will work because it doesn't slide under the bike. Where should I be placing the jack to lift my bike up correctly. Thanks. Figured I'd ask here first before going back outside to experiment.
I've got an 00 wideglide so I'm not sure if the lifting points are the same. What I have to do wth mine is put a block of wood under the sidestand the the bike jack slides under. I slide my jack from the right and make sure you have your wheel facing left

·
Registered
930 Posts
What I did with mine was got a piece if board that I could use as a little ramp, and then used 4 same sized 2x4's. nail the 2x4's together making a square and then place a piece of plywood over it and nail it to the 2x4's covering them like a mini table. Take a longer board or whatever you can find to use as a ramp and push ur bike up ontop of the little stand u made. Then slide a piece of leftover 2x4 under the kickstand once the bike is sitting with the front wheel on the stand. This will allow u to get up under the jack. Watch for the oilpan. U may need the addapters for dynas that clip onto the frame that allow u to jack the bike like this without laying the oilpan on the jack itself

Sent from Motorcycle.com App

·
Just Ride
3,036 Posts
I use the 2x4 method on my dyna. PITA. Made a L shape to put under the bike ,one under Kickstand and one under front tire. Bikes lowered.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts