Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,472 Posts
my fogs and head light went yes i checked the fuse. need help!
I wouldn`t even venture a guess with the lack of information you have provided.

Put a little effort into it...

·
Banned
71 Posts
Does headlight work on high beam ? Is the switch "on" for driving lights ?
Have you checked the relays under your seat yet ?
More information is needed .

·
Retired citizen
24,163 Posts
Remove the headlight and inspect the wire connector, they have a history of melting.

·
Registered
1,472 Posts
Seems like the problem is farther upstream than the connector. A bad connector would not affect the aux lamps.

Check the connector for the left hand control switches, unplug it and make sure all the pins are in correct position and not pushed back into the connector, check the blue wire.

Check the key switch ignition relay.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Best advice I can think of , is a wire diagram, test light, or Power Probe( one of the best electrical testers and very simple to use) Guessing waste time and money.

·
Registered
1,472 Posts
A test light may help you trace a circuit, but it is no help in determining voltage.

The best way to test a circuit is when it is under a load, using a voltmeter.

·
Retired citizen
24,163 Posts
Seems like the problem is farther upstream than the connector. A bad connector would not affect the aux lamps.

Check the connector for the left hand control switches, unplug it and make sure all the pins are in correct position and not pushed back into the connector, check the blue wire.

Check the key switch ignition relay.
Oh yes. The aux. lamps get power from the headlight low beam wire. That's why they go off when the high beam is switched on.
Upstream I would check for pinched wires under the clutch perch, especially if custom grips are installed.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts