Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I checked them on You tube but it never do justice on the actual sound of any brand of exhaust.
Plus can't fine fitment for my 103ci 2013 Fatboy Lo on any distributor...

·
MPG'S? Who gives a
9,925 Posts
Be aware of the fact that,those pipes have a sort of ventury near the endcap of the muffler that is known to discolor the pipe in that area. As mentioned, they are known to perform well.

·
Senile Member
1,710 Posts
I think they sound a little tinny. But - They do produce the best power for a 2-1 pipe and the black won't discolor as bad as the chrome one.
If you do get a thunderheader... I think you get a free SOA t-shirt too. (these pipes are popular with 1%'ers) just check the show SOA, they all have em'.

·
Registered
4,839 Posts
Thunderheaders have a good reputation for performance, and quality. In my opinion they are LOUD, not just LOUD but an UGLY sounding LOUD. My buddy has them on his Electra Glide and riding behind him on the highway isn't too bad, but in town, gas stations, motels, etc. It's nasty.

·
Armed&Conscientious
535 Posts
Thunderheaders have a good reputation for performance, and quality. In my opinion they are LOUD, not just LOUD but an UGLY sounding LOUD. My buddy has them on his Electra Glide and riding behind him on the highway isn't too bad, but in town, gas stations, motels, etc. It's nasty.
X2 on that, I rode with a guy that has them on his FBLo and they will rattle the brain of the guy behind them.

Sent from Motorcycle.com App

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Thanks for all the responds, including the funny ones about SOA...

I haven't made my mind yet but I definitely like the semi rough look of these pipes and I'm not concern about how loud they are, for me is a positive.

I'll keep looking all my options before making a decision...

Thanks again...

·
Registered
36,929 Posts
I run em on my bike.

Another good performer to consider would be the D&D FatCats.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I run em on my bike.

Another good performer to consider would be the D&D FatCats.
Kainam they look great, overall are you totally happy with them and where did you get them???
I'll look into the FatCats.

I also like the V&H but almost everybody have them...

Thanks for the pic...

·
Registered
36,929 Posts
1 - 19 of 19 Posts