Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Senile Member
1,713 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Seems like there is always one hater everywhere you go. You’ll be out on the road and stop for a meal at a little diner, park the bike and go in to eat. Along comes someone with a grudge and opens your oil tank and puts something in there to ruin your day. If everything is locked up on your bike, then you figure you’re good to go. Except for that chromed cork stuck in your oil tank. What is Harley Davidson’s thinking here. Other than they can’t develop a locking cap or nobody has ever had something put in their oil tank, I don’t know.

I just recently had something put in my tank, honey. Well this stuff mixed and heated up and ran through my engine just fine, but after the engine cool over night, bingo. The honey separated from the oil and coagulated up into a sludge and clogged everything. My oil filter gasket was the weakest point ,so I blew oil out of there first. Drained the oil and it poured out for a while and then stopped, it was plugged. Took the cam cover off and tore the guts out. This stuff collapsed and killed all the lifters, killed the bearings, and was almost solid on the bottom of the oil pan. NOTHING cleaned or removed this stuff except ammonia free window cleaner. All other cleaners (break cleaner, staring fluid, alcohol, degreaser ect.) turned the stuff kinda white and hard. The window cleaner cleaned it right out. So the entire system that the oil flows through was treated and cleaned and polished throughout. With new parts and a refill of shyt3 because it’s thin and has good detergents in it, started and ran the bike for 50 miles, checking it along the way. Drained the shyt3 out and refilled with 20w40 and ran it 200 miles and changed it again. It was good to go. I then put 1500 miles on it and changed it again. Still good. I’m back on the road again.

I found a guy in Ohio that makes excellent locking oil caps. I talked to him and out of the goodness of his heart, GAVE me an aluminum locking cap and shipped it over night to me. I ordered a chrome one ( GP-100C and will mail his aluminum one back. How’s that for customer service? These caps are machined and BULLET proof. No twisting, kicking, prying with a screw driver will get them off, you’ll break the case first. They are $151.00 but well worth the cost compared to the cost of fixing your engine. The maker had vandals pour sand in his tank, and I’ve heard of dirt, rocks, cigg butts, and now honey, molasses, soda. Well Kurt has a rock solid paten on it and Harley is done. They need to buy him out for a million and let him retire, and sell us bikes with locking oil tanks. Mass produce them and sell them for a HD…

Gang… check it out, I highly recommend them.

Harley Davidson Accessories | motorcycle security locking oil caps

·
Call me Gig.
3,964 Posts
Did you get a locking gas cap as well? Because you have pissed someone off.

·
On Probation
2,205 Posts
A little pricey, but sure pays for itself if some douche wants to be a vandal. Although they might just hit another area of the bike.:think

·
Super Moderator
12,658 Posts
In 36 years and hundreds of thousands of miles, a locking dipstick never crossed my mind. Are you going to get a portable locking safe to protect against baseball bats? Apparently you pissed someone off who is mentally unbalanced.

·
Senile Member
1,713 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The vandal is my landlords daughter, a 44 year old alcoholic tweeker, with no job skills and a brain that quit working at age 17. She begged to live in her dads house that he doesn’t occupy until she got a job and could move out. The plan was for a few months that turned into 3 years. No rent, free utilities, and all the fuel she could steal from all the customer cars at night and all the junk in unlocked cars she could steal to sell for Meth. Before I moved in, she was living the high life having parties with all the tweeker community, leaving the main gate open all night long, and running a firewood kindling business, a tweekers paradise. She is jealous as hell because her dad asked if I wanted to live there and rent a nice little apartment built onto the backside of the garage and have parking in the garage.

They argued nonstop for the year I was there about all the things she was messing up or loosing, him always telling her to move out and do her BS somewhere else. She blames me for telling her dad to get rid of her and make her move out, he tells me “funny thing is, you never said anything like that to me or got between us”. He said “I wanted her gone before the house burned down”. She finally moved out to her dealers house and has been gone for weeks until one day she showed up to collect mail. According to her dad, she buzzed around the property and disappeared. 2 days later I start up my bike and it blows oil. She still has keys to the house and must have gone into the garage and sabotaged my bike. Can’t prove it but I live down a dead end gated road with a gated driveway, in a locked house. No enemies or pissed off girlfriends and too far out in the country for a sain person to bushwack in to screw with my bike.

·
Call me Gig.
3,964 Posts
With that story you don't need a locking oil cap. You need a shotgun and a locksmith to re-key the locks. Like gtrman said, all you have done is protected the oil tank. There is a whole lot else she could do to the bike.

·
I {Heart} Hookers.
31,321 Posts
Buy or rent a recordable video system. It won't stop her from damaging your bike but it'll help her with her drug problem, when she's in court ordered rehab, after she serves her time for Criminal Vandalism, Breaking and Entering and Tresspassing. Oh....and impersonating a human.

·
Thunder Down Under
1,584 Posts
Thought about a locking oil cap for many years but didnt get off my butt and make anything...for the same reasons mentioned here, cause some loser who couldnt face you but would gladly vandalise your scooter and dumping shit into your oils is the easiest way. Could you post some pictures of the cap?

I had an idiot key my 4by and threaten my Son..told him not to park it there anymore...when I waited for him in the coming days and put in on him he hid behind his gf and I never seen him again...frigin cowards who can only blow hot air and scratch your transport....the worlds full of em.

·
I {Heart} Hookers.
31,321 Posts
...frigin cowards who can only blow hot air and scratch your transport....the worlds full of em.
I agree, JayD. Wolds full of internet tough guys and people talking a bunch of smack, but few who can back it up. Then, when you pound one of these sissies, they run to their lawyer or call the police crying they were "assaulted".....

Nancy-pants....

·
Señor Member
2,384 Posts
Hate to say it but if you put a locking oil cap on it she is just going to damage some other part of the bike.:mad

Press some charges against her.:cussing

And, make sure your insurance premiums are paid up.:nod

·
Senile Member
1,713 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Bikes locked up in a different garage now. Gas cap is locked, it's an Electraglide. Anything else would take a little more time to mess with and or be noticed when you walk up to your bike.

Once my shop is built, she'll be on video. For now I have a remote motion sensor to warn me if someone enters the other garage at night with a lock pick. With that, a person would be cought, dispatched and buried in a 25 foot deep hole in the back yard dug by my Hitachi Excavator and never heard from again. Can you say Jimmy Hoffa?

By the way, what are some other nasty things to do to a parked bike besides, drain the oil pan, tranny pan, primary, unscrew the spark plugs and pour sand in there, or slash the tires?

·
Senile Member
1,713 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Oh and yes, she lives on a floating house with her dealer boy friend, and yes, I thought about snorkling under there and pour a little thermite on top of each float, ignite them and watch the house sink. But I'm thinking Karma is gonna run over her Dogma first.

·
MPG'S? Who gives a
9,925 Posts
I'm sorry to read all this crap yer goin though man......fuggin sad.

Hope things settle down for ya. Great locking cap though..

p.s. Some sh*t for brains knew what that honey would do. She didn't figure that out on her own, that's for sure.

There should be a once a year open season on "meth heads" and the gov. should pay the hunter per head turned in. Kinda like groundhog huntin for the farmers....

·
Senile Member
1,713 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
The locking oil cap looks and works great, and 3 riding buddies I know bought one too. I’ll get a pic of it in place soon.

So to Update on what the substance was that caused this. I sent a sample to Blackstone Labs that tests motor oil for 25$. They kicked it up to another company that can do spectra-analysis on sugars because Blackstone can't test for sugars. That cost 50$ more. Results dialed down to Pancake syrup-

THEN an epiphany occurred after one drunk night with a buddy on the hill that used to be friends with the person I think caused the damage. He told me on a completely separate subject, “ forget pouring sugar in a gas tank, pour Karo Syrup into an oil tank and when it mixes and cools, it solidifies and clogs the whole engine up”. I said “huh, I never heard of that, that sound cool, I bet Jenette knows that too huh?” He said “oh yeah, -smiling-, she did it to a guys car up on the hill who gave her some crap for messing around on his property when she was younger”. “ The guy ended up bringing it into her dads auto repair shop and they saw what it did first hand”.

I can’t prove a thing, but I think her karma is gonna run over her dogma. Being a spun drunk, I’ll probably wait till the next time I see her parked at the local bar and report a female driver driving drunk and pulling into a bar at location X. Keeps me clear from suspicion.

·
Banned
612 Posts
Seems a bit like price-gourging to me...they can be produced cheaper . Another example...This is not the way to bring manufacturing back to this country...no wonder everything gets outsourced to china...:mad

Just drill a hole through the filler tube and dipstick and put in a combination lock...$5.00 at Home Depot...duh ...

·
Call me Gig.
3,964 Posts
Sure they can be produced cheaper. Buts based on this thread there is one guy and his friends that seem to have any desire to have one. May not be the volume needed to make them cheaper.

·
Registered
1,296 Posts
Just drill a hole through the filler tube and dipstick and put in a combination lock...$5.00 at Home Depot...duh ...
Yeah, that's what I want...a combination lock hanging off my oil tank, bouncing around making noise, causing damage. Not to mention a hole in the filler tube to leak oil all over the bike. :fitz

·
Registered
38,106 Posts
I think it's a fair price.

If I thought my bike was in jepoardy of someone tampering with by oil, I'd get one.

·
Registered
513 Posts
Well my bike is either locked in my garage (and yes I've got it fixed so you can't break in without breaking something which would be obvious), or in sight if I stop for a meal. I know it's impossible to have your eyes on it at all times, I do lock the forks each time I get off it but as anyone esp a locksmith will tell you, all you buy with a lock is time.

Hopefully I'm not away from my bike long enough when it's exposed for time to be a factor and God help the poor SOB who's dumb enough to be there screwing with my bike when I get back.

·
Banned
612 Posts
Yeah, that's what I want...a combination lock hanging off my oil tank, bouncing around making noise, causing damage. Not to mention a hole in the filler tube to leak oil all over the bike. :fitz
The hole would be ABOVE the dipstick O-ring so no oil leaks out...and if you're not a hack you could do a pretty professional looking job of it . MANY different locks out there also , maybe find one that doesn't bounce around making noise...but hey , it's your bike , do whatever you want...:thumbsup

1 - 20 of 33 Posts