Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Mississippi Cajun
24,363 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I rarely remember much from dreams, but last night was just one of those that must have been a real brain cleaner. As many of you might recall, I had planned a June trip from the South Coast to Maine and back down the Eastern Seaboard with a few detours inland for things like DC and the Skyline Dr. Well, for various reasons among which was the fact that I had issues with CCW in New York and Joisey, the trip got changed.
Well, last night, we made that ride anyway...in one of those dreams that wakes you up and you go back to sleep still having the dream. The part that really worked me over besides being toally unarmed was that somewhere in Maine the fit hit the shan with the economy collapsing, my bank cards thus being rendered useless, and the money in my wallet was instantly worthless. We're 1500 miles from the house and the anarchy and looting has already started, and here we are trying our damndest to make it home...no gasoline in sight, no money, no nuthin. Walking for me is another nightmare with the two hamburger knees and the rebuilt left leg, so you can imagine how this dream went.
I'd love to go take a nap right now, but 'm afraid I'll still be dodging rioting mobs and FEMA storm poopers.

·
Señor Member
19,667 Posts
That sucks.

Fortunately you got to wake up in the greatest country in the world. :thumb

Sent from Motorcycle.com App

·
MPG'S? Who gives a
9,925 Posts
That WOULD be a great movie though...:popcorn

ps Try some "stimulants" tonight before bed.

·
Pork Jockey
7,416 Posts
Wow! Reminds me of that dream I had awhile back. I suppose it's par for the course in these troubling times in which we're livin'! Crazy!

·
Registered
10,857 Posts
I rarely remember much from dreams, but last night was just one of those that must have been a real brain cleaner. As many of you might recall, I had planned a June trip from the South Coast to Maine and back down the Eastern Seaboard with a few detours inland for things like DC and the Skyline Dr. Well, for various reasons among which was the fact that I had issues with CCW in New York and Joisey, the trip got changed.
Well, last night, we made that ride anyway...in one of those dreams that wakes you up and you go back to sleep still having the dream. The part that really worked me over besides being toally unarmed was that somewhere in Maine the fit hit the shan with the economy collapsing, my bank cards thus being rendered useless, and the money in my wallet was instantly worthless. We're 1500 miles from the house and the anarchy and looting has already started, and here we are trying our damndest to make it home...no gasoline in sight, no money, no nuthin. Walking for me is another nightmare with the two hamburger knees and the rebuilt left leg, so you can imagine how this dream went.
I'd love to go take a nap right now, but 'm afraid I'll still be dodging rioting mobs and FEMA storm poopers.
Kd, I don't know what you had to eat or drink before you went to bed last night--but give up whatever it was! And future dreams won't be as bad if you follow my practice of just not going where you can't go armed. There are areas of this county I would like to see but never will see simply because I would be a criminal in some states. And it is their monetary loss cause I won't be there buying nuthin.

·
Mississippi Cajun
24,363 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Joe, part of the problem is I decided to forego a few shots of good scotch before bedtime....definitely would have produced mellower dreams. Like you, I refuse to go where I can't protect myself which is part of what motivated this dream scenario, I'm sure. The rest is that I am having less and less faith in this idiot government of ours each day and thus, the plot of the nightmare. Craiger, I might just take your advice and start pounding the keyboard. I just have to come up with a couple of Conservative thinking actors to do the parts.

·
Registered
2,149 Posts
kd - If something like that really happened durring your trip, I am sure you have enough friends on here that can help make sure you get home safely or at the very least give you a safe place to stay.

·
Mississippi Cajun
24,363 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Now you guys are helping flesh out this movie script.
Actually, that was one of those "items" that flashed through my dreaming brain, but you know how wierd dreams can get when you're trying to reach a goal and every kind of crap under the sun and moon jump up and mess things up.
The more I think about it, and after all of the discussions on this board lately, it would be a priority to make some HDF.com connections because I think as a group we would probably beat all of the odds, and make it through the worst of anything that could happen.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts