Harley Davidson Forums banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1,313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ran across Easy Rider on the tube last night on TMC. anyway. Been wanting a Harley since I was 20. I got one now at the ripe Ol age of 53. I have rode lots of crotch rockets in my time but nothing compares to the raw power of the 4 stroke Harley. Just sayin had to do it now or never. It aint much but it is paid for and it,s mine. I have built almost all of my vehicles. I will be doing as much as I can to make this bike better day by day. I'm just like that Tinker tinker Tinker. Thought this photo was funny. Hope you all get em started up soon

Attachments

·
Mississippi Cajun
24,966 Posts
Congratulations on the new Harley, and welcome to the site from Mississippi!

·
Registered
1,313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Bro That aint that far from Bradenton FL Gulf coast is better that the East cost but I don't mind visitin there LOL. Happy trails

·
Breaker of Things
3,358 Posts
Welcome from SE Oklahoma!!! Lots of great ppl/info on here!!!

·
Registered
1,313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yea been here a few days and lots of brotherly love in the way of helping a new dude out. Them damn boat forums I used to be on they acted like they where masters and commanders. I outranked them in posting. Had enough of being kicked in the teeth for helping the under informed and drew a lot of pleasure when I got the thumbs up when I actually did get em going that's what it's about. Peace. Just went out to smoke as we don't smoke inside and I could hear thunder rolling down Cortez. (Worst street In sw fl). I'm so tempted to fire the blue angel up but got dinner simmering and had a few buds to kill some back paint but tomorrow it's ON! I'm on it and out a here for the better part of the day

·
Señor Member
19,803 Posts
Funny pic and great story. Glad you like what you're riding. Stay up.

·
Registered
1,313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Aw hell 11:02 pm and I'm just eating dinner in about 1/2 hour Bike ride in the AM. I spent my day makin Moma dinner. She will be home soon

Attachments

·
Registered
2,379 Posts
Welcome. Now you made me hungry. Heating up Chili now.
Nice bike by the way. One of the most fun Harley's to ride IMO.

·
luv the low country
20,330 Posts
Welcome from Conway, SC/

·
Registered
1,313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Well my planned out trip turned into a bummer. Got on Cortez and it looked like memorial day. Hot traffic backed up 3 miles to the bridge leading to the beach. I knew the engine wasn't getting any air to cool it off I was a block from the bridge and nothing moving so I turned tail and headed back home. Maybe I,ll head out tonight after the Daytona 500 when traffic is backed up in the other direction when they all leave the beach and give em the finger LOL

·
Registered
1,313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Yea I was thinking of 70 been across it in my truck many times but I want to watch the race so maybe this evening if the rain holds off. Have yet to explore 64 there is a Harley dealer there and Ward lake is on my list as well

·
Fla Cajun
25,353 Posts
Yea I was thinking of 70 been across it in my truck many times but I want to watch the race so maybe this evening if the rain holds off. Have yet to explore 64 there is a Harley dealer there and Ward lake is on my list as well
take 64 all the way over to 17, then cut back west on 70 small towns an cows....peacefull ride.

·
Registered
2,240 Posts
Welcome to the forum from N.Y.

·
Registered
1,313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Thanks I finally got a good ride in tonight after the race and everything was fine until I hit the Saint Armonds circle I had to walk the bike in traffic for a long time and stop at the Sarasota bay to let the bike cool down. I even stopped at the Japanese restaurant my Ol lady works at behind the airport on 41 and had a drink chatted with a few folks and burned past a PO on my way home wearing my sunglasses at night with sea fog rolling in LOL. Love that bike:bikerguy:

1 - 20 of 22 Posts