Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a '14 Ultra Limited. Anyone know if it's possible to override the driving lights shutting off when the high beams are activated? I do a bit of dark country highway riding and could use the extra lighting.

·
Hard Member
3,238 Posts
I have a '14 Ultra Limited. Anyone know if it's possible to override the driving lights shutting off when the high beams are activated? I do a bit of dark country highway riding and could use the extra lighting.
I did on my 07 Ultra. Check you state laws before doing this. If ok, HD does carry the harness that override this issue. Not long ago mquilty here in the forum posted about it. I did mine.

·
Rider
1,541 Posts
Welcome and I think Kuryakyn also has a short little wiring harness/adapter that does the same. I think its only like $25

·
Banned
71 Posts
"2014 LTD wiring is CanBus on the Passing lamp control, not wired like 2013's and earlier, the wiring harness won't work.

Passing lamp functions are set in the BCM Options using the digital Tech, takes 2 minutes to change / set up. Lots of dealers will do this for free (should do as well when uve just spent out on a new bike!!)"

http://www.harley-davidsonforums.com/forums/touring-general-discussions/131569-2014-limited-led-lights.html#post1861961

:coffee:

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the info. I'll call them on Monday. Getting older stinks I guess. Just can't see the same at night.

Harlistas Para La Vida

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Called the dealer and the first question was, "Did you buy it from me?" I asked him does it matter and told,"Just bring it down anytime."

Anyhow I'll be getting it done this week. Thanks for the info it really helped.

Harlistas Para La Vida

·
Call me Gig.
3,964 Posts
Called the dealer and the first question was, "Did you buy it from me?"...
At which point I'd have said, with that attitude I certainly won't be buying the next one from you either.

·
Registered
128 Posts
I don't really think anyone should be surprised that your selling dealer would give you better service than a non selling. I expect my dealer to take better care of me than someone who buys elsewhere. This is a service not a warranty.

Doogle

·
Registered
195 Posts
Mine always says that too. Plus won't install anything unless you buy whatever it is from them. I go to the Victory dealer down the street. They mount tires for $30 wheels on the bike.

2013 FLHRC stocker

·
Call me Gig.
3,964 Posts
I don't really think anyone should be surprised that your selling dealer would give you better service than a non selling. I expect my dealer to take better care of me than someone who buys elsewhere. This is a service not a warranty.

Doogle

I would expect the non-selling dealer to want to steal a customer from the selling dealer. They make lots of money back in the shop and the parts department.

Mine always says that too. Plus won't install anything unless you buy whatever it is from them. I go to the Victory dealer down the street. They mount tires for $30 wheels on the bike.

2013 FLHRC stocker
I'd find a new dealer for you next bike.

·
Smiles. A lot!
8,683 Posts
Welcome from eden nc... Did the install myself in 15 minutes with no problem!!!

Sent from Motorcycle.com App

Attachments

·
Smiles. A lot!
8,683 Posts
"2014 LTD wiring is CanBus on the Passing lamp control, not wired like 2013's and earlier, the wiring harness won't work.

Passing lamp functions are set in the BCM Options using the digital Tech, takes 2 minutes to change / set up. Lots of dealers will do this for free (should do as well when uve just spent out on a new bike!!)"

http://www.harley-davidsonforums.com/forums/touring-general-discussions/131569-2014-limited-led-lights.html#post1861961

:coffee:
Oh... Didn't realize the 14's would be different...

Sent from Motorcycle.com App

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Got a letter (response to mine) from Harley-Davidson customer service apologizing for the issues with this employee. The fact he did this too me 3 times on 3 different topics was very disappointing they said. "As a premium brand we expect excellent customer service to all customers at every Harley-Davidson dealership".

Sent from the dry side of Washington State

1 - 20 of 23 Posts