Harley Davidson Forums banner
1 - 20 of 72 Posts

·
Registered
1,971 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wondering who else likes the long trips the longest one I have done went to artic circle from Utah where I was working and back. Up the Alcan hwy 21 days and 8200 miles round trip was great

·
Methhead
2,574 Posts
I bet that was an epic ride!

My longest trip so far was last year's Collision. About 1400 miles in 4 days. By no means legendary in time or miles, but the memories will last a lifetime!

This year's will be better. More days and more miles!

·
Registered
5,445 Posts
4,000 miles in 14 Days from GA to Sturgis in 2012. Seven of us left my house and we took all back roads and 6 days to reach Rapid City. Then we wandered NE for a while. Differences about riding habits, pace, and route started splitting us up in Michigan. Three of us made it back to my house on day 14. Temps from 108° to 50°.

·
Banned
71 Posts
Did 4800 miles ; here to Vegas for my Nieces 21st Birthday. Then on through Utah , Colorado , New Mexico, back to Arizona , then back into New Mexico and on home to Texas . Mostly secondary roads , was a trip well worth the time it took to take it . :)

·
Mississippi Cajun
25,202 Posts
Somewhere between 9500-9700 miles in 30 days. Mississippi Coast to Carlsbad, then up to Albuquerque then west to Grand Canyon. GC to Utah, Vegas, Bakersfield, PCH to Oregon, thence to Washington, across to Yellowstone, Sturgis, and finally back southbound to the homestead. Great trip plus got snowed in on first day of summer in Montana at Big Sky.

Reactions: Yon Yonson

·
Registered
7,437 Posts
3746 miles in 8 days travel from Richmond, VA to San Antonio, TX and back again. No interstates; all two-lane roads or the old US Hwy system. Took me through 11 states.

·
Registered
2,973 Posts
dont know the miles but when i was a buck cali to nevada some place in middle then across utah on though colorado then back though new mexico an on to cali. took 1 year an a few weeks. ran out of money in utah worked for a week or so.

·
Registered
1,605 Posts
When I got out of Basic\AIT in 83', I rode from El Paso, TX. to Monroe, MI. On my GPz. In November! I nearly froze to the bike. When I got to my folks place I couldn't swing my leg over the seat. I just leaned the bike against the side of the garage till I could crawl off it. It took me two days to stop shaking from the cold.

·
Registered
1,971 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
dont know the miles but when i was a buck cali to nevada some place in middle then across utah on though colorado then back though new mexico an on to cali. took 1 year an a few weeks. ran out of money in utah worked for a week or so.
love to have year to ride would be great that is very pretty country out there

·
Registered
1,971 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
thanks for sharing I would love to have 30 day a year off to ride some of you can put a lot more miles on then I can in shorter time on super slab I maybe can do 800 now I try to just stop and see more and stay on the two lane roads no long trips in 2015 for me 2016 hope to have 14 days off

·
Registered
2,973 Posts
nothing to it, just got to say well today im gunna ride till im broke then get a job make some cash and ride some more. of today im not a young buck so them days are gone. how ever i just met a fella yesterday he's been on pack mules 3 of them for 31 years. woke up an he was in the field across from me. he's 75 an still doing it. WOW

·
Registered
1,971 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
nothing to it, just got to say well today im gunna ride till im broke then get a job make some cash and ride some more. of today im not a young buck so them days are gone. how ever i just met a fella yesterday he's been on pack mules 3 of them for 31 years. woke up an he was in the field across from me. he's 75 an still doing it. WOW
he might be the I have read about on the net just try's to stay on public right of way just goes and camps where he wants pretty cool am not that tough I need bed and shower more no than I did

·
Registered
1,346 Posts
To date: my longest is 2,111 miles. took 3 days to get to Panama City Beach, Fl. Stayed there 3 days, then 3 days back home. counting home state, covered 7 states.

In July, going to New Mexico and Colorado. 10 days, 5 states, and 2,700 miles. Hopefully it will stretch out to break the 3,000 mark.

Would love to some day take off and spend 2-4 weeks on the road. Maybe do the 48 states or something. Maybe several years before I can do that though.

Reactions: Yon Yonson

·
Registered
1,971 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
To date: my longest is 2,111 miles. took 3 days to get to Panama City Beach, Fl. Stayed there 3 days, then 3 days back home. counting home state, covered 7 states.

In July, going to New Mexico and Colorado. 10 days, 5 states, and 2,700 miles. Hopefully it will stretch out to break the 3,000 mark.

Would love to some day take off and spend 2-4 weeks on the road. Maybe do the 48 states or something. Maybe several years before I can do that though.
Yes there is some great riding in New Mexico Colorado hope you have great trip

·
Registered
147 Posts
6500 miles in 13 days from san diego to key west and back. tried for the most highly coveted patch you can get = coast to coast in 50 hours but missed by 5 hours. tried the wrong direction and could not crawl from the bed to the bike after 4 hours sleep. also my ankles swole up like balloons which is bad for heart and stroke. too old for another try but did bring back memories - daytona bike week, sunset at keywest, swerving to miss deer in west texas, etc

·
Registered
438 Posts
I have taken at least one long trip every year for the past 35. I have ridden to and through every contiguous state(except Rhode Island) and most of Canada.
My trips usually range from 3500 to 7000 miles each. Originally during a one week vacation, but the last few years I have stretched them out over two weeks off work.

1 - 20 of 72 Posts