Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I sent her pic of a HD riding jacket about 6 months ago while I was looking around our local dealer.

Open my box today, and what do I find... a HD riding jacket!

Even though the one I got from amazon was working fine for me (great jacket btw, check it out if you are in need of one) I'm pretty happy about the one she got me. It's a much lighter weight jacket compared to the one I had which is nice for this warm FL weather.

She told me I can go swap it out for another one if I wanted (I really like this one) but this one is pretty nice, and I prefer the mostly black look, and the lightweight leather since it can get warm riding here once we're past march/april time.

Just wanted to share with my HD brothers.

anyone else get some HD goodies for christmas this year? :)

·
Registered
2,240 Posts
Very nice I need to look into getting a lighter weight jacket for the summer I have tried a light weight mesh jacket with armor but just didn't like the way it feels.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Very nice I need to look into getting a lighter weight jacket for the summer I have tried a light weight mesh jacket with armor but just didn't like the way it feels.
mine was fine, but I will say it got me sweating even with the vent zips down and a t shirt. I also always ride with a jacket incase I wipe out. I'll take broken bones, but don't wanna mess up my beautiful skin LMAO

·
Registered
621 Posts
Cash $ to buy whatever I want for the bike. Hard part is trying to figure out what to buy. Chaps? Could for extending my riding season a bit. Handlebars? Might help with the fit since I have short arms. Can't decide.

I bought one of the other HD jackets a little while ago and like it so far so hopefully yours will be good for you also.

·
Registered
2,358 Posts
That's a good jacket. I like it better than the one you like. Mainly the lighter weight and the designs. Personal opinion only.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Well I appreciate the help for decision making guys :)

I wouldn't mind some chaps, but I don't mind my jeans. They flap alot on the highway though.

I do want to get some nice boots too. Wish her mom got me that instead of the stuff she bought me lol

·
Registered
476 Posts
You will enjoy having both a heavy and lighter jacket. My wifes cousin gave me his vintage HD Nevada jacket before he passed. I love that jacket and will never get rid of it. Also have a lighter weight Schott with the eagle and HD logo airbrushed on the back (pic at left) for riding when it's warmer. Nice made in the USA jacket.

·
Glad to be anywhere
4,328 Posts
That's the same one I've been thinking about. Does it run true to size, tighter or roomier. I'm rounder than Leathe Up jackets and have to buy larger. Harley stuff fits me better.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
That's the same one I've been thinking about. Does it run true to size, tighter or roomier. I'm rounder than Leathe Up jackets and have to buy larger. Harley stuff fits me better.
It runs perfect true to size. I'm 6'2 and 205 lbs. It fit me perfect.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts