Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Large Member
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking for a low profile 3/4 open face helmet. No luck yet. All the helmets I've looked at, ride real high on my head, and look very funny. May concider a 1/2 helmet also. Any ideas.....??

Thanks

·
Turgid Member
1,248 Posts
I have the HD Jet II 3/4 helmet and it looks pretty good. I think they all sit that way because of the padding required between your coconut and the outside shell of the helmet for DOT approval. If you just want the appearance of a helmet without the burden of the foam padding get a skid lid (novelty helmet). A bowl cut haircut will protect you as much.

If you want to protection for your noggin you have to accept the Darth Vader look.

·
Super Moderator
4,058 Posts
I disagree with the novelty helmet in comparison to the bowl haircut. I am bald so the novelty protects the noggin from sunburn. At least give it as much protection credit as a ball cap with a strap :p

·
Registered
392 Posts
Yeah I bought the outlaw half helmet like it no wind lift fits good prolly best dot low profile I found

Sent from my Motorcycle iPhone app

·
THE Yuppie Outlaw
10,081 Posts
ImageUploadedByMotorcycle1369392913.487621.jpg

In all seriousness, I also bought the Outlaw ultra thin 1/2 helmet. I also got a letter saying it was recalled and to send it back for a full refund.

I have no idea where Outlaw stands with that helmet now.

Sent from Motorcycle.com App

·
Registered
7,340 Posts
. . .In all seriousness, I also bought the Outlaw ultra thin 1/2 helmet. I also got a letter saying it was recalled and to send it back for a full refund.

The ones they sell now are more shroomy.

I hope you didn't send it back.

·
Registered
392 Posts
I never got a letter , have no intensions of sending it back anyway. After 2-3 helmets, which cost a lot more $, I like this helmet best

Sent from my Motorcycle iPhone app

·
Registered
145 Posts
View attachment 73937

In all seriousness, I also bought the Outlaw ultra thin 1/2 helmet. I also got a letter saying it was recalled and to send it back for a full refund.

Sent from Motorcycle.com App
yep. got the letter. ok, so it may not be completely DOT cert...gotta be better than the novelty helmet i was wearing before though. and it has the stamp!!!

kgb

·
Large Member
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Was looking at the Bell Custom 500, says low profile as well. I'll check out the Outlaw helmets too. I do want a DOT helmet. What sucks is, you can't try'em on before you buy it. Pics with helmet on would help...;)

Thanks guys

1 - 17 of 17 Posts