Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 20 of 63 Posts

·
I {Heart} Hookers.
31,321 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had a recent turn of events. A friend of mine bought a Big Dog, and now is dangling a one year old, all black, Rocker with some chrome goodies, in front of my face. In all probability, I won;t sell my Dyna, as a 15 year old bike isn't worth dealing with the tire-kickers and people that want it for nothing.

I'd like to see some pics of your Rockers, for those that own them, with hopes that It may spur me to write the check and make this happen........

I'm not thrilled about the seat, or the wide rear tire, but I *could* get used to it.

Post up your Rockers, people.............:thumb

ALSO.....if any of you have done the seat conversion (to rid the bike of that E.T. looking thing) could you post up pics of that too???

·
"Ain't quite right"™
11,239 Posts
Nothin wrong with wide rear tires :thumb

·
I {Heart} Hookers.
31,321 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Nothin wrong with wide rear tires :thumb

It is if you rode bikes that handle, all your life.....:thumb It takes away a bit from the handling (cornering) but I love the pro-street look, so maybe it'll work out.

At least it's black..........

·
"Ain't quite right"™
11,239 Posts
Screw black...

Once you've been on one with a bigger back tire, you won't miss your turn radius...after a few thousand miles.

·
"Ain't quite right"™
11,239 Posts
Then you're good to go for a fat back tire already haha!

whoops, sorry for the hijack

·
"Ain't quite right"™
11,239 Posts

·
Just Chillin..
474 Posts
Hey Dave , I got one and I think it's great. I to like the pro street style also. I had no issue with the wide tire and I went from a sporty to a rocker. Now I don't have ten ofs thousand of miles on my butt(yet) I have no trouble with sharp turns. I have pics in a file on my computer but I can't get them to upload to the forum. I will keep working on the pic thing. Dbs1949 has a rocker with pics on this forum.

·
STAND AND FIGHT!
13,175 Posts
Lil! For God's Sake!
Dave's a racer, a performance "ninja" bike racer,
he'll turn a V-Rod loose in ways you and I never will.

He might get hurt.

·
Ms. Subtle
1,930 Posts
dave i love the look of a rocker and saw a show they did on it.. and every one that rode them had good things to day

it would be my second choice after a crossbones if i had to get another model harley then what i have now

·
On a ride
4,996 Posts
Would echo the observation how wide tires aren't so "handling" compromising as they were before. The manufacturers have done their homework/research. Do believe the Rocker is a looker. I get a kick out of a raked front... seeing it on the road, riding it on the road.

Perhaps you can score a ride? :strum

·
Banned
2,142 Posts
I never have been too fond of the rocker. Have seen a few that have been customized so they don't look too bad, but some of them stock, wouldn't catch me dead on them. But, if you like it, and it's a good deal, go for it. 2 more wheels in the stable can't hurt.

·
Shovelhead
391 Posts
Your choice but, ya gotta have a bagger for road trips. Just say'n. New bagger sitt'n next to the Dyna priceless. Good luck Dave. :nod

1 - 20 of 63 Posts