Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been riding for a couple years now only. I started on a 125, graduated to a Honda GL500 Silverwing and now I'd like a cooler and newer HD. My budget says the Street 750 is good but what say you as experts? I've never owned a HD

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I live in LA so the commuter idea really rings with me. I'm 5'11" and 250 if that helps

·
Asylum Inmate
11,567 Posts
I have just over 4K on mine.

Really a nice machine. I only put about 500 of the miles on it because my son saw it and promptly moved it to his garage. He rides it as commuter transportation everyday.

If I had to pick something I would say the 3 gallon tank is a little small but now unlivable.

He rides it two up a lot. Plenty of power.

ImageUploadedByMotorcycle1430475173.396219.jpg

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
That's great to know there's enough power for two up. Have they mentioned whether there's enough room for the passenger? I read somewhere it's a bit cramped and I'd like to take my wife for rides from time to time.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I found out that my wife and I make a good tag team for negotiating! I got the price down as far as they seemed to want to go and told him I needed to talk to her (this was last night). Today she showed up by herself and started asking questions and letting them know the price was too high and they broke even farther!

·
Asylum Inmate
11,567 Posts
That's great to know there's enough power for two up. Have they mentioned whether there's enough room for the passenger? I read somewhere it's a bit cramped and I'd like to take my wife for rides from time to time.

My wife rides the Vrod, and the fatboy (probably get censored on those two! Lol) she has no trouble on the XG750!though we have never been over 225 miles on it.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I took it out for a longer ride yesterday (about 2hrs or 40 miles).

I haven't noticed the breaks being poor as reported by several others, but maybe I'm just used to crappy brakes! :what?

I'm impressed with the power and agility of this guy! I believe HD hit their mark pretty well. As an urban rider who can't afford a 15-20K bike, this is right on for me!

The one and only downside I found is that the seat starts to hurt after about a half hour for me. I used to drive a 1982 Honda Silverwing GL500. The seat was very comfortable but the power and agility wasn't there.

One more comment, my old Honda had a fairing on it, which I thought was ugly. I realized I prefer to feel the wind when I ride!! :bikerguy:

·
Asylum Inmate
11,567 Posts
Take the seat to a local Upholstery shop they will make it nice for about 60 bucks!

Brakes are good on it. Brake complaints are from people with little to know experience riding. IMACO

·
Registered
1 Posts
I've been riding for a couple years now only. I started on a 125, graduated to a Honda GL500 Silverwing and now I'd like a cooler and newer HD. My budget says the Street 750 is good but what say you as experts? I've never owned a HD
Hello I just bought my 750 Street and love it . But the oil light comes on at idle

1 - 13 of 13 Posts