Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Now I'm on another kick. Looking for a reduced reach seat. Can be solo or two-up, doesn't matter. Found a HD one in a 2006 catalog that would fit my 93 sportster XL1200 listed for $139.95 p/n 51538-00. Would really like to find it cheaper than that. An aftermarket one would be good too I suppose. Any help on this one would be greatly appreciated!!!

·
Registered
604 Posts
I'm no saddle expert and in the UK everything is expensive but $140 doesn't sound pricey. I'd be concerned that for much less than that the quality might be poor. My Harley saddle is already uncomfortable enough :)

There are a few people on here happy to recommend aftermarket saddles and I suspect that's the way to find the perfect perch.

Andy

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Andy, but I was hoping since the 2013 catalog doesn't show one to fit my 93 that maybe it's been long enough and there is one out there (HD) that is pretty cheap now. I just have too many things on my list and I want it all like yesterday!! Also, I'm a woman and we LOVE a good bargain!!! I think its in our genes or something!! lol. The cheaper the better in my book! Want quality and cheap!

·
Registered
167 Posts
Try eBay and check it every week or so for a new or used Harley Sundowner seat. The seat will move you forward a bit and is very comfortable. I've seen many Harley and after market seats for sale on the site. I bought a new Sundowner seat for my FXDC on eBay in January and saved $100. Good luck!

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
177 Posts
Thanks Andy, but I was hoping since the 2013 catalog doesn't show one to fit my 93 that maybe it's been long enough and there is one out there (HD) that is pretty cheap now. I just have too many things on my list and I want it all like yesterday!! Also, I'm a woman and we LOVE a good bargain!!! I think its in our genes or something!! lol. The cheaper the better in my book! Want quality and cheap!
You might try a take of from a Slim. They are a little more narrow in the front. I put on on a 01 Dyna. The owner is 5'1" and loved it.

·
Registered
1,210 Posts
Definitely look on Ebay, also remember that anything from 93-03 will fit on your bike. I found a mustang vintage solo seat, normally around $350 and got it for $100. Girl I bought it from got it brand new rode it for about 500 miles and decided on something different, picked it up for $100.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Awesome! That is a sweet deal. Mustang seats are expensive. I'm on eBay all the time so I'm sure I'll run across something soon. I'm just impatient. When I want something I want it like yesterday, lol.

·
Just Ride
3,208 Posts
harleychik1,1st sunday of the month ride south on US 301 to I believe rte 478 to webster swap meet.Nice ride about 60 miles and you'll most likely find a seat there. Large choice of used parts for all years.

·
Just Ride
3,208 Posts

·
Fla Cajun
25,353 Posts
Webster is on 471, when your heading south on 301, 471 splits off to the left just a few miles south of the turnpike.

·
Just Ride
3,208 Posts
Webster is on 471, when your heading south on 301, 471 splits off to the left just a few miles south of the turnpike.
Yep, that's another way to go. Still got to make a right turn on 478 to get to swap meet.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts