Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New to the group looking for some words of wisdom 06 ultra I have a high idle from time time to time when bike is warm come to a stop light stop and all goes back to normal problem is bike has hesitations when trying to take off it only acts up after a high idle I have replaced almost every thing.

Any chance some of you have some advice on this?

·
Retired citizen
22,291 Posts
New to the group looking for some words of wisdom 06 ultra I have a high idle from time time to time when bike is warm come to a stop light stop and all goes back to normal problem is bike has hesitations when trying to take off it only acts up after a high idle I have replaced almost every thing.

Any chance some of you have some advice on this?
So what did ya replace ? I'll give advice when ya offer more info.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
All sensors on the motor,fuel pump,filter,regulator.
This is over the last 6 months it only happens when bike is hot

·
Registered
174 Posts
You sure it’s not just the EITMS being enabled?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Retired citizen
22,291 Posts
All sensors on the motor,fuel pump,filter,regulator.
This is over the last 6 months it only happens when bike is hot
I would try cleaning the IAC pintle and port with break clean or carb spray. The port is in the top of the throttle body venturii. Spray into the port and cycle the ignition several times until the cleaner runs clear.

·
Registered
174 Posts
I would try cleaning the IAC pintle and port with break clean or carb spray. The port is in the top of the throttle body venturii. Spray into the port and cycle the ignition several times until the cleaner runs clear.

We had this issue on a 2012 King this wknd. Messed around with the clip that plugs into the throttle body and went down. Found a broken wire (has a tight bend it the harness). Spliced in a new temp wire and worked for @ 150 miles until acted up again. Limped to a dealer and said was a known issue (the pins?). We experienced loss of throttle too. Talk to Silverback (was his bike). He can give you more details on what was told to him.

·
Keep on Ridin’
8,050 Posts
I think the ‘06 is still a cable operated throttle system. My problem is related to electronic throttle body issues. I think Schmidty’s advice is appropriate on this model.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts