Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
730 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking at a 02 Dyna Super Glide, FXD. Have a great shovel, had a great EVO, but want a TC for road trips. Found this bike, $7400, 28,000 miles. Got the financials in order, was scheduled to pick it up the day after the wife was laid off. UURRRGGG!

Anyways, the bike still has my name on it, all I got to do is dot the T's and cross the I's and it is mine.

Have heard some TC's have had some problems. Brother has an 03, no issues.

I have owned every H-D except a Pan, am wondering if anyone has any comments, positive or negative about this particular model. Any feedback would be appreciated.

:feedback:

Thanks

·
Registered
2,534 Posts
i think thats a steep price-
my buddy picked up a 02 super glide with 1600 miles for 5800

·
Registered
751 Posts
Sadly it seems these days layoffs are fairly normal. Not sure how much your wifes income contributed at the end of the month? Mine contributes about a third. In any case she gets unemployment for however long. I collected for far too long in the not too distant past. Thank goodness those days are gone.....for now.

Right now I wouldn't consider it if I were you. Of course all the times I've been laid off I knew it was coming long before hand. Didn't know what date, but I could see the writing on the wall. I'm sure she did too. The times I was laid off I was able to pay my bills, and I found a job before benefits ran out. Think of that.

In any case I think the cost of the bike is too high

·
Registered
2,534 Posts
just wait till the right deal comes around - they are out there -
its also tax season- many a bike went cheap to cover uncle sams ineptitude

·
Registered
730 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Sadly it seems these days layoffs are fairly normal. Not sure how much your wifes income contributed at the end of the month? Mine contributes about a third. In any case she gets unemployment for however long. I collected for far too long in the not too distant past. Thank goodness those days are gone.....for now.

Right now I wouldn't consider it if I were you. Of course all the times I've been laid off I knew it was coming long before hand. Didn't know what date, but I could see the writing on the wall. I'm sure she did too. The times I was laid off I was able to pay my bills, and I found a job before benefits ran out. Think of that.

In any case I think the cost of the bike is too high
Excellent advice...I am retired so the wife's income was significant for our budget. She had just gotten a promotion, loved her job, and didn't see it coming. She's taking it pretty hard, and is working to finalize paperwork for 15 weeks unemployment.

Appreciate both comments on it being overpriced, which will be taken seriously.

Thanks again.

·
Addicted Since 2010
7,845 Posts
Excellent advice...I am retired so the wife's income was significant for our budget. She had just gotten a promotion, loved her job, and didn't see it coming. She's taking it pretty hard, and is working to finalize paperwork for 15 weeks unemployment.

Appreciate both comments on it being overpriced, which will be taken seriously.

Thanks again.
Skip it...unless it has had the cam chain tensioner adressed. In that case I'd buy it only if I could beat the price down a bit.

Just my .02

·
Registered
4 Posts
Pretty overpriced IMO. Just as an example, I just picked up a '08 FXD w/4000miles for $7000 - in metro NY (where things are generally more expensive) - in as good condition as anyone could want. Keep looking, they are out there.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts