Harley Davidson Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
CVO Captain
742 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I been thinking about this for a couple of weeks now. I bought a 2015 CVO limited at the end of September love the bike rides amazing, on my shoulder there is that little guy saying go for something small to throw around. I'm 6.1" about 260 I been looking at a sportster iron 883 or a sportster forty-eight. My dealer told me a dyna will be good but I don't want to spend that kind of money right now.

·
Super Moderator
4,911 Posts
I think there are conversion mods you can do to the CVO that would streamline it a bit for bar hopping. If I got a second bike it would be a dirt bike or ATV for sure!

·
Keep on Ridin’
8,054 Posts
Do it. When I rode dirt & woods, I was about your size and rode a lot of different bikes including a Husky CR400. But one of my favorites was my Honda XR200 precisely because I could throw it around. Bigger is not always better.

·
CVO Captain
742 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I don't want to convert my CVO the wife loves it and I don't want to keep taking the tour pack off and on I'm in New York City so no dirt bikes or atv allowed in the streets I had a 2015 Yamaha R1M just sold it.

·
Super Moderator
4,911 Posts
At 6'1 I am sure you could probably throw a vespa pretty far. lol

·
Registered
1,154 Posts
i have an ultra as well but really want something smaller too. I'm pretty attracted to the on/off road type bikes.

·
Keep on Ridin’
8,054 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
I would go with Forty Eight with golden leaf gas tank (oooh somebody stop me...)...super cool for city life...Just put big ass handlebar....
:bikerguy:

·
Registered
684 Posts
I second the forty-eight. I think they look badass and I rode a buddy's. They are a cool change from a touring bike. You could make a big statement with one. Flat black slash cut pipes and an old bomber jacket. For my money that is the way I would go. You know it will not be a maintenance problem and a lot of fun.

·
CVO Captain
742 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I second the forty-eight. I think they look badass and I rode a buddy's. They are a cool change from a touring bike. You could make a big statement with one. Flat black slash cut pipes and an old bomber jacket. For my money that is the way I would go. You know it will not be a maintenance problem and a lot of fun.
A friend of mine just sold his I wish I knew he was doing that I would if taking it. That's the one I'm leaning more towards too. I have to run this by the wife now

·
Registered
99 Posts
I bought my wife a 48 and she loves it. I am 6-3, 230 lbs. I feel like I am riding a mini bike but it a fast little bike, maybe quicker than my 95 inch heritage. Feels like I am riding a rigid. If it was mine I would have to put a more comfortable seat and shocks on it. I put the 16 inch apes on it and we both like those better than the stock ones, took the crap stock seat off too. All in all I enjoy riding it around town, other than constantly filling it up. No gas gauge is a bummer.

·
Registered
363 Posts
I like my 03 heritage as my second bike great for running errands ( saddlebags) and when friends fly in they can ride it

·
Registered
986 Posts
You might want to look at a Super Motard (cross between a motocross and roadrace bike) they are very light, very quick, and handle!

·
Asylum Inmate
12,390 Posts
Look at the Vrod as they are available cheap used. Lots of power!

Look at the 72 it is a nice thrasher bike.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts