Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
weird member
2,260 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone used any? I got a Specro brochure and they have this "suspension cleaner" that's supposed to be safe for rubber, says nothing about sensors, but it's supposed to spray on like a brake cleaner and dry up fast (meant for cleaning suspension parts). It's honestly probably not much different than brake cleaner. Anyone ever use that?

But, I actually want something that I can even put one of those little red straws on it, mostly to use on/around the engine and other areas to clean up grease/oil in hard to reach places (and there's a lot of places my toothbrush can't get to).

I've used brake cleaner before and it hasn't messed up the engine paint yet, but only used it on places I could wipe it up or clean off pretty quick and where there's also no sensors or rubber or gaskets. But it does me no good on areas where there's a risk of hitting regular painted parts, or sensors, or gaskets and rubber (which, is all the places I can't reach with my toothbrush).

·
Registered
10,873 Posts
I don't know about "sensors" but when my bike is really dirty, like after getting home from ES, I use the Harley S100, spray it all over and around the engine/trans areas. I give the engine/trans areas a spray down with S100, rinse immediately and thoroughly, then do it again and my bike looks like it came off the assembly line. Several years ago I watched a video where the guy sprayed the whole friggin' bike, motor, painted areas, seat, I mean the WHOLE bike, with S100 then rinsed. I only use the S100 for the engine area but, obviously, it is safe for rubber, paint, etc.

·
weird member
2,260 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah, but I'm hoping for something I don't have to rinse off or something not quite so involved.

Something more for quick and easy spot cleaning after doing work so I can tell when/if oil is leaking and from where.

·
Registered
554 Posts
I have used S100 for years on my two bikes. Spray it on the whole bike then rinse real good immediately followed by a blow dry. Bike comes out sparkling clean. If you let it dry it will be a bit of work to clean it off.
Best to do it in the shade so it will not dry before you can rinse it off.
'
And S100 is not a Harley product. They do sell it but it is available on Amazon,com. Every Harley dealer I have had my bike serviced at uses S100 after the service is finished. Bike always came out looking like new.

Reactions: WiSeNhEiMeR

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
This thread just gave me an idea (lookout world)! There are a few products made for gun stuff that i use on the bike, like: Silver Cannon cartridge polishing cleaner for chrome nasty marks and Gun spray with Teflon works great as a lube on the shifting rod ends! So my thought is what about using Gun Scrubber? There are two formulas, one is not for use on plastic stocks and the other is. My thought is the plastic save version should do the trick. However, i would test it on paint first.. May be just a hair brain idea though!

Reactions: WiSeNhEiMeR
1 - 6 of 6 Posts