Harley Davidson Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
982 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2012 FLSTF (Fatboy) 103 ci /w/ SE 254 cams / D&D Fat Cats 2 into 1 exhaust. None of this really meaning anything based on the question I have, (which is electrical). But, everybody always wants to know what ya got before they can determine the problems with your ride.......I might add also that I have the HD Auxiliary Passing Lamp Kit on the bike, along with the HD LED Smoked Tail Light. Sooooo cutting to the chase....

I installed Custom Dynamics LED Turn Signal/Running Lights on both front and rear of the bike. According to their website, and confirmation verbally so to make sure I was ordering the right kit, I was told I would not need a load equalizer in order for everything to function correctly. (can bus on the bike)

After install, the flasher indicators on the dash were hyper, i.e. flashing extremely fast. Lights themselves were flashing normally. Also popping codes for left and right turn signals as well as speedo. Codes 2151, 2156, 2272.

Contacted CD and talked to one of their tech's. He was very helpful and we went through a lot of trial and error crap. He ended up sending me a load equalizer to posi-tap into the triple play unit I had purchased. It cleared all the codes, with exception of the 2272 which is the speedo. Now he basically doesn't know whether to shit or go blind as he has no idea as to why this code is popping up.

This was suppose to be a plug and play scenario. Now have tapped into the plug and play product I purchased with the equalizer. Now tech doesn't know what in hell in going on after the equalizer is tapped in.

I know that this code popping up does, and will not hurt the bike. But I really don't want any codes popping up at all if everything is suppose to be fitted proper.

Any ideas you guy's or gal's may have in order to fix this will be appreciated.

Thanks.

·
Registered
638 Posts
I would remove the CD stuff completely reverting back to stock and see if the code still exists.
If code is gone then try reinstalling.

·
On the loose
8,723 Posts
Besides load equalizers I have seen where diodes can be needed in the turn signal circuit to prevent feed back to the non activated signal .

·
Retired citizen
24,285 Posts
Test the fuses. Test, not eyeball.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts