Harley Davidson Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After only having my Freedom Performance exhaust (Outlaw 2 into 1) on my XL for a year and 9 months, it's falling apart on me (literally) this is the second replacement I received from Freedom and I just don't trust their manufacturing any longer.

I do like the look of the V&H staggered shorty's, however I have seen some that are VERY similar in design and style that I like which are the "Wyatt Gatling - Staggered exhaust"

Does anyone have any real world experiences with those pipes?

Thanks for your time.
-Sam

·
09 Dyna Super Glide
1,691 Posts
D&D makes a couple of nice two-into-one exhausts. They hold up well. I have one of their FatCat models on my Dyna.

Pete

After only having my Freedom Performance exhaust (Outlaw 2 into 1) on my XL for a year and 9 months, it's falling apart on me (literally) this is the second replacement I received from Freedom and I just don't trust their manufacturing any longer.

I do like the look of the V&H staggered shorty's, however I have seen some that are VERY similar in design and style that I like which are the "Wyatt Gatling - Staggered exhaust"

Does anyone have any real world experiences with those pipes?

Thanks for your time.
-Sam

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
D&D does make some really nice exhaust systems and they perform very well against the other competitors.
Thanks for the info.

·
South GA *******
3,898 Posts
I had a sporty with V&H short shots staggered and they had a great sound to them and with full length heat shields, they always looked great!!

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I have also considered the V&H short shots. I like that design/look.
Thanks for the info.

I'm just really curious about the real world stats of a Wyatt Gatling staggered exhaust as well. Curious to know how they hold up and perform. they have (at least on visuals) the same type of design as the V&H short shots..

·
Fla Cajun
25,353 Posts
I have a thunderheader on my scooter, top quality an performance. it's been on about 3 years and all is great. About 600 bucks. Pics in my garage.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I have a thunderheader on my scooter, top quality an performance. it's been on about 3 years and all is great. About 600 bucks. Pics in my garage.
My neighbors all have Thunderheaders, they are just extremely loud however. I personally don't mind them too much, but the boys in blue here in the Bay Area (SF NorCal) are always on the look out for those. Must be because of all the libertards who live around here and complain of noise. Lol
Not too mention, my wife would probably go deaf when she rides with me. Haha

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks for the info SonWon.. I appreciate it.

I actually decided to go with the V&H short shots. I'm not planning on any engine work and I like how they look. Good friend said the Bassani over under pipes they offer were a better performing pipe, but alas - the looks weren't all that great...

·
Registered
21 Posts
Thanks for the info SonWon.. I appreciate it.

I actually decided to go with the V&H short shots. I'm not planning on any engine work and I like how they look. Good friend said the Bassani over under pipes they offer were a better performing pipe, but alas - the looks weren't all that great...
Enjoy your ride!

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Received my Vance & Hines yesterday. Installed them in about 2 hours time. Right off the bat, very nice quality, thick gauge materials, fit and finish is extremely nice.

I'll update soon once I get some road-time with them.

As for my old Freedom outlaw 2 into 1 exhaust? will be using it as a boat archor soon. Junk! SMH

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thanks Miles.

Took them on their maiden voyage this evening and so far so good. They are a little bit louder and have more bark over the Freedom Outlaw 2 into 1's (which is fine by me) but not overly obnoxious like thunder headers, and I also got my bottom end back as well. :)

Will be doing some more testing over the weekend and riding two up with the wife to see how she likes hearing them back there ;)

·
Registered
594 Posts
Those black V&H ShortShots look awesome on your scooter, 48Sam. I'm still digging my Vance & Hines Big Radius on my Deuce.

·
Lost in Space
6,859 Posts
Looks very nice. Have the chrome version on my dyna and yes they are loud. Enjoy.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Peanut:
I don't think they're that loud really. Compared to my neighbors Thunderheaders, it's not bad.
I do like the tone. :)

1 - 18 of 18 Posts