Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just baught a 2013 Electra Glide Limited, and Im wanting to increase the sound of the exaust, Looking for loud and a little bark when you get on it, but not so bad that i cant hear my stereo or get annoyed on a long ride... What do you all suggest?

·
Addicted Since 2010
7,845 Posts
Straight pipes.

Just kidding.
I'd say any slip on (Rinehart, Vance n Hines, freedom performance, rush, etc) but just go for a quiet baffle to mid range baffle option. I think all of these brands give you some adjustability in that regard.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
On Probation
2,205 Posts
I love my Jackpot system, nice and loud when I jump on it but quiet when cruising.

·
Registered
376 Posts
I honestly don't think my thunder headers are too loud when cruising. They really bark when your get on it but I have no problem with the stock stereo on my street glide. Plus personal preference but I like the look of a two into one on a badger

·
Fat Guy on the Ultra
5,388 Posts
I just baught a 2013 Electra Glide Limited, and Im wanting to increase the sound of the exaust, Looking for loud and a little bark when you get on it, but not so bad that i cant hear my stereo or get annoyed on a long ride... What do you all suggest?
I have the same bike, in the yellow pearl and black. I did the Rinehart 4" slipons, stage 1 download, stage one air cleaner, and xieds, I love the sound and we can still use out headsets, listen to the radio and she even barks when i twist the throttle. I love it... just my 2cents

·
2,327 Posts
I did the 4" Rineharts....Really nice

·
Registered
1,107 Posts
I just put on Thunderheaders entire system on my RK. With the falsee for the left side. It is a 2 into 1 system with a fake left pipe so it looks balanced. Yeah a bit pricey imho. But sound to me is awesome and power is great to. I also installed the thundermax with auto tune and now she really jumps.

·
Registered
394 Posts
Congrats on the EG, buddy of mine just bought 2013 RG had VH true duals installed. Sounds real good, just about exactly what you were looking for

:thumbsup

·
Registered
112 Posts
I just put a set of rush pipes on my new fat boy,am quite happy with them,go on utube,can listen to bikes with different pipes,helped me make my decision.

·
Banned
19,464 Posts
Straight pipes.

Just kidding.
I'd say any slip on (Rinehart, Vance n Hines, freedom performance, rush, etc) but just go for a quiet baffle to mid range baffle option. I think all of these brands give you some adjustability in that regard.

Another vote for Freedom Performance......As if yall didn't know that. :D

·
Registered
4 Posts
I spent hours and hours at my local Harley dealer looking at and listening at different mufflers. I checked out V&H, RC Components, Rush and others. I didn't really want to spend $6-8 hundred dollars. On different forums, these Full Boar slip-ons kept popping up with great reviews. I ordered a set and they are GREAT! The sound is unbelievable. I have a 2010 Street Glide and couldn't be more happy with them. I'm running the 2" baffles but I also ordered the 1 3/4 and 2 1/2 baffles just to have for $300 delivered. As previous posts, the chrome is excellent and installed in @ 30 to 45 minutes. If you're looking for a great price and sound you need to check Full Boar out.

·
VA Fender Bender
5,551 Posts
xing......

·
U.S. Marine
149 Posts
D&D makes the best exhaust and with several baffle options, you should be able to get the sound you want!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts