Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Lookin for a more comfortable seat to travel longer distances (4-6 hour ride) than the stock one on my wideglide. We are planning on an East coast trip. Would like a two up so I can sit my bar bag facing front. I don't want it sitting on my fender. I like the stock seat but still got welts on my butt. :feedback:
Thanks

·
Registered
56 Posts
Mustang Wide Touring Vintage Solo Seat here. Love this seat.
Check the company website for info on the seats that fit your ride.

·
Senile Member
1,710 Posts
I saw a Dyna cop bike at a shop with a stiff seat on it. Looked like a sam brown belt stamping pattern on it. I asked WTH is it so stiff for and the dealer said, cops love that seat, they have to sit on them for 8 to 12 hours a day. Got me to thinking. But I never found out what kind it was.

·
Mississippi Cajun
24,006 Posts
I bought a Harley Air Zepp seat several years ago and wouldn't trade it for anything. I can ride all day without a problem. On the stock seat, I could barely walk at the end of a long day in the saddle.

·
Registered
2,331 Posts
Liked my sundowner, but it scratched my fender with the two bolts for the back and the black vinyl got really hot.
Loave my Corbin. I could do all day now I can do all night as well. My driver's backrest is the best. I never knew how comfortable it could be.

·
Mississippi Cajun
24,006 Posts
redman24 makes a great point about the backrest. That is an absolute must for long distance (older rider of course) riding.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Just from persoanl experience asking someone what is the most comfortable seat out there is like asking a group of guys what’s the most comfortable kind of skivvies out there.... I keep hearing good things about the Sundowner so my Bride and I are going to take advantage of our local Harley shops seat loaner thing they got going... You leave them a copy of your drivers license and a credit card number (just in case your a dumb enough to run off and steal the seat) and you get to try it out for 48 hours. The parts guy here local recommended snagging it on a Friday and don't have to bring it back till Monday... We plan on taking a long scoot through the Ozarks to see for ourselves.... Your own a$$ with give you your best advice....

Just my two cents worth....

·
Registered
802 Posts
Mustang Vintage Wide is excellent. You can get the pillion (12.5" wide) on the same seat pan, or seperates if you want to run solo.

This is an all day seat and is actually narrower at the nose than the stock seat.

·
Aaaaayyyyy
897 Posts
I recently added the Air Hawk to my stock seat - even though I've never had a problem with my seat. I am taking a long trip through Colorado, and figured that after four or five days of 6 to 8 hour rides, I might have a problem with the stock seat. Wasn't too bad price wise on the eBay. Probably I will swap out seats completely sooner or later (the 5/8 will insist, I'm sure).

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
8 Posts
Sundowner. I can go all day and my butt never crosses my mind.
However, the females who watch my behind never forget its awesomeness.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts