Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm 6ft 4' and weigh abour 295. I've owned about 10 bikes over the years although not very mechanical minde and was eyeballind a 2004 road King police special. Could I get Some direction whether this is agood way to go . Im looking at spending about 13000 american. i live near Lethbridge Alberta Any help would be appreciated and also appreiate any leads if you know someone with agood one. My name is Joe and my e-mail is [email protected]
:Thanks:Thanks

·
Banned
2,142 Posts
check ebay, I bought my fatboy super cheap on ebay, had to drive 4 1/2 hours to Chicago to get it, but deff worth the drive. I bought the fatboy because I couldn't afford a roadking classic. I think I jumped the gun now, about 3 or 4 weeks ago, I saw a 2000 RK classic sell on the bay with 19000 miles for $7900

peoples hurtin for cash now and thry're sellin their toys cheap

·
Registered
623 Posts
Theres always gonna be a better deal - can't wait forever before you pull the trigger - enjoy

·
Registered
283 Posts
Welcome from San Marcos, Tejas.
Gateway to the Hill Country & Devil Backbone.
Gotta love them Wide Glide's

·
Registered
157 Posts
I can tell you that the Police RK is a cheap alternative to enter the realm of the Road King. The newer models have the 103" engine, 6 speed tranny, factory tach and are ABS equipped. They are usually bought for about $12-13k. Now, to make it look less "official", you'll have to put some coin into it, but if you don't mind wrenching a bike, then you'll be ok. As far as any maintenance concerns, about the only thing I'd say you may want to check for is clutch problems. Cops are hard on clutches. PD bikes are meticulously maintained though and rarely ever abused (cops love their scoots). PD lease turn-ins are only (usually) in service for two years and as part of the H-D lease agreement, have to be serviced by a certified H-D tech. Now, you won't get the extra shiney stuff with a PD bike, probably not cruise control, either...but if that stuff is of little importance to you...I'd say your on the right track.
Either way, let us know how it works out for you.

JD

·
Registered
22 Posts
13k is a good down on a 09' FL whatever.
Your a giant of a man and need an FL.
A Softtail would if fit you too.
Here's mine.

·
Ms. Subtle
1,930 Posts
he would fit a v rod as well..

i have a friend taller than him that rides a v-rod with no problems

1 - 10 of 10 Posts