Harley Davidson Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 4.5 gallon tank from a 07 1200C that I am looking to trade for a peanut tank from a 48 or an 883. The tank has been walnut blasted and is ready for primer paint! I had it blasted because I was going to have it painted but decided to look for a different tank. The tank is currently for sale on Ebay but I would prefer to trade it. The link is here:

HARLEY DAVIDSON SPORTSTER XL1200C 883 GAS FUEL TANK 07-12 ready for paint! | eBay

·
Addicted Since 2010
7,950 Posts
OK I know this is none of my business, but the nightater came with a 3.3 gallon tank?? Unless you have an aftermarket that you put on it

(Sorry, none of my business I am just a nosey person what can I say)

·
Registered
379 Posts
OK I know this is none of my business, but the nightater came with a 3.3 gallon tank?? Unless you have an aftermarket that you put on it

(Sorry, none of my business I am just a nosey person what can I say)

I was thinking the samething about the Nightster. I thought only the 48s came with the 2.2g in recent yrs.

·
Registered
4 Posts
have no idea. Its the stock tank. I go for about 80 miles before the fuel light comes on. I can fill it to just under 2.5 gallons, assumed it was the smaller tank.

·
Addicted Since 2010
7,950 Posts
have no idea. Its the stock tank. I go for about 80 miles before the fuel light comes on. I can fill it to just under 2.5 gallons, assumed it was the smaller tank.
You got the 3.3
Fuel light comes on at around a gallon

3.3-1=2.3

You should get more like 125 miles on 2.5 gallons... at least

Then you are ride a little and fill her up

Right around 2.5 gallons.

Your bike gets kinda crappy mileage though...

·
Registered
182 Posts
You got the 3.3
Fuel light comes on at around a gallon

3.3-1=2.3

You should get more like 125 miles on 2.5 gallons... at least

Then you are ride a little and fill her up

Right around 2.5 gallons.

Your bike gets kinda crappy mileage though...

125 miles on 2.5 gallons... I can't touch that with my 1200
can get it sometimes with 3.2 gallons according to how I ride

·
Keepin the faith!
61 Posts
Well depending on whether or not insurance totals my bike and what happens there, I might end up with a peanut tank, off a '72, smashed in enough to only hold bout 1gallon of fuel. And maybe with a lil bit of duct tape, or silicon (your choice) You could stop the fuel leak from amidst the folded up mess... And here is the best part! Should you want it it would be free to you sir! lol..

·
Addicted Since 2010
7,950 Posts
125 miles on 2.5 gallons... I can't touch that with my 1200
can get it sometimes with 3.2 gallons according to how I ride
Really?
Hugh. I get 50+ MPG all day on 55 MPH state routes

I guess if you do enough city it would make sense that you don't get that but...

I usually don't hit reserve until at worst 112 miles at best 150

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a 4.5 gallon tank from a 07 1200C that I am looking to trade for a peanut tank from a 48 or an 883. The tank has been walnut blasted and is ready for primer paint! I had it blasted because I was going to have it painted but decided to look for a different tank. The tank is currently for sale on Ebay but I would prefer to trade it. The link is here:

HARLEY DAVIDSON SPORTSTER XL1200C 883 GAS FUEL TANK 07-12 ready for paint! | eBay

I have a 2000 sportster 883 tank I would trade

1 - 12 of 12 Posts