Harley Davidson Forums banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Allow me to start with, I am no mechanic! I have an 84 harley fxsb lowrider, and my clutch is completely loose (when i pull the handle in, it does not spring back out) I have completely followed the clutch from the handle, down the wire, in the transmission with the push rod, and through the clutch and couldn't find any problem, I maxed out the tensioner that is on the cable its self and didnt get even the slightest tension. This morning when I was watching videos of installing the clutch, I noticed that it seems like other peoples push rods sit further out on their harleys than mine, so if I max the cable tensioner AND screw in my adjustment bolt all the way down, so far that I cant even get the nut back on it because its practically flush with the release plate, it finally reaches the push rod and i begin to get some tension in the handle, obviously something isnt right here but I havent the slightest clue what it could be... Im racking my brain on how the push rod could possibly not stick out far enough, I know im not missing anything.. Because I don't have much knowledge in this, Im hoping its something simple im not realizing because it worked perfectly fine until I opened the primary case to replace the stator which requires taking out the compensator sprocket, chain and clutch assembly and now suddenly i have zero tension.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts