Harley Davidson Forums banner
21 - 40 of 52 Posts

·
Screw It Lets Ride
291 Posts
I'm stupid huh? Your post count would indicate you should be representative of what this forum is all about, and if it is about name calling then your a ****ing idiot and probably a ****** too. No need to ban me, too many shithead around here for me to return anyway. Kiss my has HD bullshit forum.
Geeezz what a TOOL

No worries guys as grandpa always said "life is a patient teacher"

·
irate pirate
768 Posts
And this was such a nice, friendly thread a minute ago...

Checker should have the right to butt heads with anybody he pleases out there... John Law included. A man of principle, saying what he believes. Still America, right?
On the other hand, he shouldn't badmouth everyone on the forum simply because someone disagrees with him.

No biggie... seems the issue settled itself.

Remember, people... "Be excellent to each other!"

And I still say: loud pipes save lives! :lol8

·
TheBoss
5,752 Posts
I got a ticket because of loud noise years ago! I had taken a metal rod and shoved it up the pipes to get everything and anything that obstructing flames from coming out of the exhaust. Had the carbs re-jet'd to allow the extra wind-tunnel...Got a ticket..paid it and moved on. I never changed the exhaust..kept riding and never got another ticket.

It was just my time that day!

·
I'm your huckleberry
3,010 Posts
some people choose to learn when pointed in the correct direction. Some choose to move on along. Most of us have loud pipes. Was never the issue. There are many organizations that a person can join to help fight for our rights to have loud pipes. BUT if you can't understand there are laws against it and even though the original topic was a bummer it was a cold hard fact as to what happened. Mr checker took it personal and needed to prove some point. An incorrect point and took a jab. Other's jabbed back. Sad but if anyone takes an internet convo and get their panties in a wad none of us are gonna mind if they leave. Sorry to see him go looked like he had a nice sporty but doubt I or many other will lose sleep.

·
Just Ride Man!
100 Posts
Around '75 or '76 I had a '69 Plymouth GTX that I had glas-pack mufflers installed on with the exhausts routed out behind the doors. Was traveling from Baytown to Texas City one day and got pulled over by a cop for excessive noise and ticketed for it. Just another ticket for me at the time.
I still run loud muffs on my bike and like most around here agree just don't be a dick about it and generally you won't have any trouble.
Bottom line, Texas has had excessive noise laws for a loooong time and they enforce them when they want to.

·
Registered
528 Posts
It is the same over here in Queensland Australia. Just have to go with the flow and not make too much noise.

·
Fla Cajun
25,323 Posts
It don't matter what you drive, if johnny law wants to F with you he will. A guy i know got a ticket in his Peterbilt for exessive noise, he has straight pipes on it, he just used his jake brake in front of the wrong cop. Said he's been drivin 30 years and never got a ticket.

·
I {Heart} Hookers.
31,312 Posts
I'm stupid huh? Your post count would indicate you should be representative of what this forum is all about, and if it is about name calling then your a ****ing idiot and probably a ****** too. No need to ban me, too many shithead around here for me to return anyway. Kiss my has HD bullshit forum.
Your first post in this thread....

There's not a law regulating the loudness on pipes in Texas. The guy is an idiot.
Just following your lead. :thumb

·
Banned
11,040 Posts

What a squeeze bag glad he banned guys like this give us guys bad names freakin shitters!!!

·
"Ain't quite right"™
2008 VRSCDX 2019 FXDR
11,272 Posts
My bike is loud as hell....I'd never take it to a test like that though. I've got the stock exhaust in the garage if I ever need to pass something.

Don't be a douchebag with your pipes and you'll get F'd with less. Being an attention whore, will get you some unwanted attention.

·
SNOWmageddon!
1,511 Posts
Gah, he obviously had it right when he said we were all *******..

this forum is nothing but posers, faggets and momma's boys. Oh, and attention whores..

Glad someone finally figured us out..

bahahahahaha, glad the "hot head" is gone. No reason to get all wound up over somin like this.

·
"Ain't quite right"™
2008 VRSCDX 2019 FXDR
11,272 Posts
Sucks...all of the good drama happens at night...

·
"Ain't quite right"™
2008 VRSCDX 2019 FXDR
11,272 Posts
yeah, I fell out at about 5pm for a couple hours last night...damn I love naps

·
Vanilla Gorilla
1,388 Posts
Your first post in this thread....
Just following your lead. :thumb
I think he was referring to the inspector not the poster :D either way he needs to get some thicker skin jeez. :popcorn

I got a loud pipes ticket once in my '79 ranchero (loved that car/truck?) I was running straight headers on my way to pick up my new glass packs cop didnt care.( i dont think the 60ft black mark behind me helped either :rofl:

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #38 ·
he didnt get louder pipes to be an attention whore, he got them and the bike runs better and he does believe that loud pipes are safer on the road. and actually they really arent that loud compared to a lot of bikes i see on the road. good thing he saved his stock pipes.

i was posting this because i have seen a few people on the internet saying there were no laws regarding muffler/noise on motorcycles in texas and a few other states. im guessing a lot of people believed them.

·
"Ain't quite right"™
2008 VRSCDX 2019 FXDR
11,272 Posts
Loud pipes don't mean you're an attention whore, revving them all of the time does, there's no need to be sitting at a stop light revving every 10 seconds, unless you're engine runs crappy.

21 - 40 of 52 Posts