Harley Davidson Forums banner
41 - 52 of 52 Posts

·
I'm your huckleberry
3,010 Posts
i was posting this because i have seen a few people on the internet saying there were no laws regarding muffler/noise on motorcycles in texas and a few other states. im guessing a lot of people believed them.

Checker believe's it for sure lol

I only believe half of what I see and none of what I hear. Soooooo It's always good to go to the source when modifying something. In this case texas department of motor vehicles. Nobody here is arguring about loud pipes. Most of us realize we may be paying a ticket for them. We don't care. But very few of us are "suprised" if it's brought to our attention. Glad to hear he has his stockers even though it's a bumer having to bolt'em back on. Chalk it up to lesson learned.

·
Administrator
13,894 Posts
Harley dealership told me the same thing
Always nice to welcome a newbie. How about going to the newbie section and introduce yourself before opening up 10 year old threads.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I love how "Checker" got banned because yall are a bunch of idiots who instatly got butt hurt and cant understand the difference between baffles and mufflers... So pull your head out of your ass because baffles are not mufflers, and the law doesn't state you have to have baffles just working mufflers... they just can't be in need of repair or completely removed, but baffles are removable for a reason. It's completely legal to take them out otherwise they wouldn't be able to sell mufflers with removable baffles. There are a few places that have actual decibel restrictions but they are few and far between. Especially in here in Texas. Long story short no you do not need baffles to pass a state inspection.

·
Registered
44,219 Posts
I love how "Checker" got banned because yall are a bunch of idiots who instatly got butt hurt and cant understand the difference between baffles and mufflers... So pull your head out of your ass because baffles are not mufflers, and the law doesn't state you have to have baffles just working mufflers... they just can't be in need of repair or completely removed, but baffles are removable for a reason. It's completely legal to take them out otherwise they wouldn't be able to sell mufflers with removable baffles. There are a few places that have actual decibel restrictions but they are few and far between. Especially in here in Texas. Long story short no you do not need baffles to pass a state inspection.
I love how you signed up just to troll a 13 year old thread.

I guess that makes you a genius.
Your mom must be proud.

·
Registered
1,890 Posts
That didn't take long. Bye!

·
old scoot coot
6,185 Posts
i live in kansas and have traveled to most states. i have open cans on both touring bikes. i like em loud. we don't do all the bitch dancing about exhaust systems here. no inspections done here either. i have never even been asked about my exhaust by leo. i speed all the time and pay tickets when i get them in whatever state. doesn't even bother me a bit. a couple of tickets every three years or so is cheap. but it would piss me off if they bitched about my exhaust. just no one ever has. i guess it's still somewhat of a free country out in big sky country and other places i've been lucky.

·
Registered
12,455 Posts
i live in kansas and have traveled to most states. i have open cans on both touring bikes. i like em loud. we don't do all the bitch dancing about exhaust systems here. no inspections done here either. i have never even been asked about my exhaust by leo. i speed all the time and pay tickets when i get them in whatever state. doesn't even bother me a bit. a couple of tickets every three years or so is cheap. but it would piss me off if they bitched about my exhaust. just no one ever has. i guess it's still somewhat of a free country out in big sky country and other places i've been lucky.
Priorities change. When I started driving (1963) it seemed like cops everywhere were quick to write tickets for loud exhausts. Car, motorcycle, truck, didn't matter you could easily get a ticket. These days most cops won't bother about your exhaust--unless you're just being a jerk LOL.

·
old scoot coot
6,185 Posts
I can’t Help myself when I drive under a bridge or tunnel

PIPES YA GOTTA HA VE PIPES

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
ha! when i follow brian through a tunnel i pull up beside a driver in another lane so i can witness his reaction when he blasts em. i usually laugh so hard i loose grip on both sides. that right there is just funny. :p

41 - 52 of 52 Posts