Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 20 of 59 Posts

·
Banned
2,142 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok, so I picked up the new Hot Bike mag last night. this wild looking bobb on the front cover catches me eye.

Now I am the first to stand up and say that one thing that makes me sick is the mass comercialization of "custom" bikes and bike builders, and the extreeme overuse of the word "custom"

Well Ami James has partnered up with Sucker Punch Sallys to build a pair of custom scoots, and they will be put into production soon. OK, well if it is going into production, it is no longer custom.

Now, that said....... That LOve bike is one hot scoot! not too sure of the 23 inch wheels, but they deff give it a different look. the flat tank is cool, I really don't like tha big casting for the dash or the velocity stack, but over all, the bike in general is sweet. skinny and clean, and it just flows with itself so well.

Anyone else seen it?

Now the hate bike on the other hand....not a bad looking panhead knock-off, but I guess I never did care for the leafspring front ends.

this is the only pic I could find online of the Love bike

Attachments

·
Banned
2,142 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
so you see my point.....thank you, seems like noone else does, or at least not too many. Custom generally means, one off, one of a kind, made for this one project only, custom made, etc........ now it seems to be anything that did not come from the major manufacturer as a stock item.................... GAY!!!!

·
Banned
11,040 Posts
Very few will see your point they thing cause they buy a new HD and bolt on some billet it makes it a custom more like RUBS,any butthead can buy a bike and bolt on somthing but to make something out of steel or with your hands and apply it to your sled and it practical and functional then That and only that will make it a custom or choppin.

·
Banned
2,142 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
U got that right my friend....I would like to say I do more, but with no longer having access to a torch and welder, my custom comes from cutting down stock or aftermarket parts and whatever happens to flow from my paint guns or airbrushes.

SirBoom, I am sorry to disagree, but that little bobb.....I'd ride the chit outa it if it had a couple less pieces of bling on it and spoked wheels

·
Banned
2,142 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Very few will see your point they thing cause they buy a new HD and bolt on some billet it makes it a custom more like RUBS,any butthead can buy a bike and bolt on somthing but to make something out of steel or with your hands and apply it to your sled and it practical and functional then That and only that will make it a custom or choppin.
or pay the stealership to bolt it on:rofl::rofl::rofl:

·
TheBoss
5,752 Posts
not familliar with them, let me get the cabinet to research them for you........ Gruss, I need data!
What Gruss is the Secretary of State? Might as well call Gruss Nancy Pelosi and make him the House Speaker for ya!:lol8

Hey Nancy....get him the data for crying out'loud!

·
"Nervous Tick"
11,272 Posts
not familliar with them, let me get the cabinet to research them for you........ Gruss, I need data!
thunder mountain choppers eh? aftermarket frame construction similar to harley to accept most harley aftermarket parts. overall, build construction is similar, but motors and trannies are much improved over stock. most base models run the 103 C.I. motor with a six speed tranny. belt drive is standard, chain available in the old school models, roughly 20 to choose from, to include springers, narrow and wide forks, hard tail, soft tail etc. Reports from consumers indicate a well made machine with a better balance or feel than the stock Harley Motorcycles. I do not advocate the purchase of this machine, due to the fact it has no harley serial numbers, and would drop its value very quickly.
Nice machine, but still a harley poser.
g

1 - 20 of 59 Posts