Harley Davidson Forums banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
7,340 Posts
I don't think I would like any kind of fan like that. Any heat it draws off the motor is getting blown onto your legs. No thank you.

I'd probably be more interested in a fan-assisted oil cooler if I had heat concerns.

FWIW, 250 degrees is no big deal - especially if you are using synthetic oil.

·
Asylum Inmate
12,761 Posts
Love Jugs work very well. They will drop the heat if you do a lot of parades, city stop and go, things like that. As hot as it gets in Florida if you do stop and go stuff you will find them much better than the Parade Fan from Harley.

·
Glad to be anywhere
4,335 Posts
First impression. Too costly and ugly.

I prefer using synthetic oil as the fan will not lower the temp of combustion within the head.

I do have an oil cooler (stock) on the bike which works very well.

And I don't do parades which would allow build up of heat. But with that said how many engine failures due to participation in a parade have you heard of?

·
Retired citizen
24,526 Posts
Simply put, it blows the engine heat from the left side to the right side. The heat is still there it's just getting redistributed.

·
Imperial Wizard...
4,956 Posts
I have been running Love Jugs for over 3 years now, I have one of the very first sets ever made,I can tell you that they are a great product,with the solid frame mount they will and have worked flawlessly....Steve at Love Jugs and his crew have the best by far customer service of any company I have ever delt with...I do PGR missions here in Texas and with the 103ci and 105* Texas heat they will save you and your motor..I have NEVER had my rear cly shut down...I will never own a bike with out a set...do your research and you will find Love Jugs are by far the best, Woods fans, or any others don't even come close...I'am not assocated with the company in any way....I can tell you that you will like the product and they do everything they say they will do.......I don't say this about very many things...and very, very well made...plug and play on most bikes and I think they look good........

·
Registered
8 Posts
A little careful research will get the facts

Greetings. I am the CEO of Love Jugs so you may feel that what I have to say is self serving. Therefore I will only invite you to go to our web site Home - Love Jugs Love Jugs and see what respected people in the industry are saying, see what our customers are saying, and get the facts from those who are using the product rather than those who have not. An interesting section is the $25,000 challenge. There you will find a chart that not only compares Love Jugs to existing cooling systems, it gives a link to each of their web sites so with a click you can do your own research. I'm not trying to sell anything here, I just want to set the record straight by inviting some scholarship to get to the factual truth about what cools your hot Harley and what does not. My name is Steve West and I'll be happy to hear from anyone who takes the trouble to look into this issue seriously.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Sorry for the double post. A couple of you have said that they "think" Love Jugs blows the hot air through to the right side. The fact is that there is no hot air to blow because the engine (and incidentally the oil) stay cool no matter how hard you might try to make your engine hot. See the videos on the web site that show Love Jugs protecting an idling 2008 ultra for 12 hours (another one for 9 hours each of 4 days in a row). If there was any hot in that engine it would fry up like a trout in a pan. If the oil wasn't cool enough to flow for those many hours the engine would have seized up hours before. Love Jugs are the real deal and nothing comes even close.

·
2015 Heritage
474 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Steve, thanks for writing.
I have looked at all the videos and I am very impressed. Do I understand correctly that the only place to get them is through the web site?
Mike

·
Retired citizen
24,526 Posts
Question, do the Love Jugs over cool the engine ?
Normal operating temp for the H-D efi TC engine is 250* and 286* for the EVO.
Those are the target temps at which the ECM stabilizes with the EMS sensors.
Note: Head temps.

·
Village Idiot
2,300 Posts
I've used Wards cooling fans on my ride for a few years. The only problem I have had is that the fuse breaks (not blows, breaks... As in vibrates apart) and I have to change it every few months. But the fans cool the engine amazingly.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Steve, thanks for writing.
I have looked at all the videos and I am very impressed. Do I understand correctly that the only place to get them is through the web site?
Mike
The simplest way to buy at this point is from our web site, Home - Love Jugs Love Jugs. That gives you a chance to really get to know and understand the product. I ship free by USPS priority mail, usually within 24 hours. With the quickly growing family of dealers now stocking Love Jugs it's possible that there is one near you. Dealers will be listed soon on the web site and various other places.

·
Registered
8 Posts
The wards fans get pretty good reviews.
I would consider them.
I invite readers to study Wards web site and Love Jugs site side by side and then make up your mind without any filter between you and the facts. As previously mentioned in our $25,000 challenge, we've listed all brands of cooling systems, briefly mentioned the pros and cons, and provided a link to each of their web sites so the buyer can use their own research to decide how they will spend their hard earned money to cool down their Harleys.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts