Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2013 fuel injected breakout. Last few days the engine has been idling unusually low. 800-900rpm. Yesterday while driving home on the streets the idle at lights would drop down to 500 then the engine would cutoff. Started right up three times. Fourth time I had to wait 30-seconds before it would turn over.

Any thoughts? Dealership couldn't replicate the problem but the engine had cooled by the time they got to it if that matters.

I replaced the stock filter with a heavy breather which has been on for about 8-months along with the V&H 2-1 pipes.

ImageUploadedByMotorcycle1429594363.117829.jpg

·
Registered
92 Posts
I had a similar problem on my '07 fxst, it was the idle air control motor (IAC) WD 40 would fix it for a while, but I replaced it last month. Worth a look

·
Retired citizen
23,364 Posts
Agreed, IAC.
Any codes ?

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the suggestions. No codes came up. A friend suggested that the control wire that was previously connected to the stock air cleaner was resting on the motor and overheating the circuit? Wire tie should fix that but I'm not entirely sure that was the cause.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Vent line was clogged combined with an end of life battery that cutoff the engine when the voltage dropped below 9.

·
Retired citizen
23,364 Posts
Vent line was clogged combined with an end of life battery that cutoff the engine when the voltage dropped below 9.
Good for you. :thumbsup

1 - 9 of 9 Posts