Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for a new seat for my '06 ElectraGlide. What are the lowest profile / sexiest seats? Would you recommend Solo, One piece 2 up, or solo/passenger two piece? I've got a fairly plush seat on there now. Figured I'd use it for touring or with a passenger. Just want a sleeker more hot rod look for day to day around town.

·
Registered
5,015 Posts
Street Glide seats are slimmer and lower and can usually be had rather cheap on Ebay. 1996 (or '97) thru 2007 fit your '06. Road King and Street Glide seats are the same as E.G. except the nose is shorter than E.G. . A chrome or black pad is available to fill the gap for about $30.

·
Registered
730 Posts
In my opinion unless if you are going with a detachable tour pack I would stick with a sleaker the two up seat.. maybe something like a Corbin
Corbin Motorcycle Seats & Accessories | HD Touring Bikes | 800-538-7035
a le pera
Harley Touring Model Seats by LePera

And I'm site somebody else will have great sudjestions as well. ..but to me those are sexy looking seats.
Sexy, but hard on the ass. But if it is just for barhopping or profiling, then either would be tolerable. Neither for the long haul. Just my:2cents.

·
Wayward Son
23,315 Posts
Sleek and sexy are in the eye of the beholder.
But as you are wanting it for short hops. Around town and long term comfort is not in question then Mquilty3 probably pointed you in the right direction.

But if you are leaving the tour pak on then a sexy sleek seat is only going to get you so far.
Just my :2cents

·
Smiles. A lot!
8,683 Posts
Sexy, but hard on the ass. But if it is just for barhopping or profiling, then either would be tolerable. Neither for the long haul. Just my:2cents.
He didn't say long haul. .. I like my harley hammock. .. it isn't slim but it isn't pillow either

·
Registered
730 Posts

·
Registered
730 Posts
I've been pleased with a couple of different Mustangs I ran. Don't even know the brand I'm running now, looks good, rides good, but not for too long a haul just because the bike is a rigid.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Tour Pack is off and I have no problem swapping out seats for long rides. Daily driver around town and regular 100-200 mile weekend trips. Just want something for looks.

·
Registered
730 Posts
If it's for looks, I'd look at mquilty's suggestion, or have something done custom. There are a lot of good seat builders that can probably make you something special at about the same price as a Corbin.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts