Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Wayward Son
23,318 Posts
Looks like he scraped frame(?), other low hanging part. Actually lost tire contact points. You see the rest.

·
Mississippi Cajun
24,476 Posts
Well, so much for bragging about dragging the boards.

·
On the loose
8,699 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
He also had his foot off the board , dragging it on the ground before it got pulled back under him and the bike.

I believe what really saved him is he let go of the bars just in time to avoid getting flipped over with the bike.

·
I {Heart} Hookers.
31,321 Posts
When a bike leans low enough, hard parts drag. Foot boards fold.....mounts do not.

When they do, the bike leans over on those parts.

In this case, the rear tire lifted and the bike low sided and slid, rear lifted, until it grabbed and tossed it like a cheap Asian whore off a bass boat.

·
Registered
2,358 Posts
Wow. That was a nice bike before he did that. Pretty good job of standing up on the move.

·
Mississippi Cajun
24,476 Posts
Notice the bag was only fractions of an inch from dragging itself.

·
Registered
92 Posts
I don't think I'll try lowering my softail anytime soon. I wouldn't want a bike I couldn't ride the twisties with. :)

·
Registered
1,967 Posts
If you love takin "S" curves & switchbacks and lookin cool on a Harley while leaned way over ..............that's why they make Dyna's & Sportsters ~

·
VA Fender Bender
5,551 Posts
"and tossed it like a cheap Asian whore off a bass boat."

image stuck in my head......

·
Hard Member
3,240 Posts
"and tossed it like a cheap Asian whore off a bass boat."

image stuck in my head......
Welcome to America and redneck traditions, Asian hoe! Haha.....

·
Registered
237 Posts
Help me out here guys

I am not trying to be critical about the You tube video but maybe you guys can help me understand. Why would anyone want to go that fast and destroy a bike like that? Is it just because you said you could get around that corner that fast? I noticed there were cameras there and also in other videos I have seen a long the way. I felt sick to my stomach just dropping my bike in a parking lot one time. Not so much that people saw me but because of the scrape to my bike. Maybe I am too old (54)to figure this out. Again, not trying to be critical just asking for some thoughts on this.

Pastor Jeff

P.S. Go easy on me guys. This is not about condensation in my garage or what type of oil or when HD started to use the phrase, "Live to ride". :bikerguy:

·
I {Heart} Hookers.
31,321 Posts
I am not trying to be critical about the You tube video but maybe you guys can help me understand. Why would anyone want to go that fast and destroy a bike like that? Is it just because you said you could get around that corner that fast? I noticed there were cameras there and also in other videos I have seen a long the way. I felt sick to my stomach just dropping my bike in a parking lot one time. Not so much that people saw me but because of the scrape to my bike. Maybe I am too old (54)to figure this out. Again, not trying to be critical just asking for some thoughts on this.

Pastor Jeff

P.S. Go easy on me guys. This is not about condensation in my garage or what type of oil or when HD started to use the phrase, "Live to ride". :bikerguy:

It's crowd mentality. Everyone is doing it, and in that area, mostly ricers and track bikes ride. So......Mr. Harley rider feels the need to keep up, and to show off, cause everyone knows this guy is there taking video. You can find 100's of vids of guys trying to be cool for the camera and getting in, waaaaay over their heads.

A man has to know his limitations......~Clint Eastwood~

He also has to know his bike's limitatins. This guy exceeded both.

·
On the loose
8,699 Posts
Discussion Starter #18

Pastor Jeff

It's good that you recognize the real problem and one of the reasons I posted it in this section , too much speed coming into that curve for the reasons Dave has mentioned.

Taking photos and videos is a common practice , actually a business for folks. They set up along a popular curve and shoot every bike that passes then sell those pic's to the rider or anyone that wants them online for a profit . Collision II there was one of those folks and many purchased photo's , kinda cool if your not a fool :)

·
Registered
237 Posts
Thanks

I did not realize they would sell pictures. Dave, I thought keeping up with the other bikes had something to do it with also. Thanks for explaining guys. I think I will still go slow into the corner at this time. From what I have seen on a lot of these videos is that too much speed has a lot to do with the crashes. Yea well, what ever pops their clutch, have at it.

Pastor Jeff:bikerguy:

1 - 20 of 26 Posts