Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
not sure on the front, but the rear, get some Shot Gun air shocks for the rear. I'm getting ready to install on my Breakout this fall. About $1500 though, but they work awesome and look even better. Google some pics and you'll see what it looks like.

·
Super Moderator
4,138 Posts
Lower is risky because they are pretty low already. I scrape pegs, heard others are scraping the primary stock. I did look at the legend air ride. That system is adjustable and I think would be ideal for both looks and short people.

A link to an example, Sick!

·
Red and White
2,237 Posts
Lowering kits would be a good start... Burly and Progressive both make combo kits to do the front and back. I have the Burly Slammer combo kit on my Softail.

-Rohan

·
Between Eternities
845 Posts
Really? That bike is one notch higher than a child's tricycle as it is. Aren't you afraid you might look like you're dragging your butt on the ground like my dog does when she needs an extra dose of fiber?

·
Call me Gig.
3,964 Posts
If you have the rear shock adjust properly you should loose about an inch of that gap when you are on the bike.

·
Registered
37 Posts
not sure on the front, but the rear, get some Shot Gun air shocks for the rear. I'm getting ready to install on my Breakout this fall. About $1500 though, but they work awesome and look even better. Google some pics and you'll see what it looks like.
So is their any systems better than others? Or they are pretty much all the same?

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Super Moderator
4,138 Posts
Can't say. Depends on what you think is better: lower, adjustable, softer suspension, cool factor. After hitting some of those bumps on the highway, I am looking for better cushion but I haven't tried adjusting the stock ones yet so I will refrain from complaining until I see how that helps. The front shocks are a bit too squishy but not enough to really worry about. I have heard good reviews on the Legends system I linked in the video above in terms of ride quality though so I would probably go with those. I will research the Shot Guns shocks some more also because I like options.

I would rather have an unsightly gap if it is a smooth ride but I am sure there is an answer that is best all around.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Your bike has the look I want

20 dollar e bay bolts..
MS6972, As im sure you have found the rear suspension is different on the Brakeouts than other softails. Im hoping you used lowering bolts on your bike, if so specifically what brand did you use. Did you have any trouble with the installation.
Thanks for the research and development.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a 2019 Breakout, Progressive has a .4" shorter shock, at $900.....doesn't seem cost effective. I am in the middle of install of a .75-1" kit from Legendary Cycles....just under $200. It changes lower mounting of stock shock.....will see how this goes

I bought a kit from Legendary Cycles under $200 that moves position of lower shock mount to give .75-1" lower ride, im in the middle of install but seem relatively simple

1 - 12 of 12 Posts