Harley Davidson Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am having an issue, I have not started the tear down as I am trying to get the tools needed. I been told that the bottom screw (damper) screw I need a 12mm hex extended socket. I can't find one in the damn state of Ohio lol. I can't even find a 12mm hex key anywhere. I been to Harbor Freight, Menards, Lowes, Autozone, Advance Auto, Napa, Car Quest, O'Reilly's, Rural King, Sears, and Walmart lol. Before I got nuts is it really a 12mm hex for that screw? Isn't that freakishly big for damper screw?

·
Banned
71 Posts
I am having an issue, I have not started the tear down as I am trying to get the tools needed. I been told that the bottom screw (damper) screw I need a 12mm hex extended socket. I can't find one in the damn state of Ohio lol. I can't even find a 12mm hex key anywhere. I been to Harbor Freight, Menards, Lowes, Autozone, Advance Auto, Napa, Car Quest, O'Reilly's, Rural King, Sears, and Walmart lol. Before I got nuts is it really a 12mm hex for that screw? Isn't that freakishly big for damper screw?
12mm Hex Socket | Sears.com

12mm Hex Socket from Sears.com

:)

·
South GA *******
3,898 Posts
I got one in a set from harbor freight. They are the hex sockets. I have the longer ones, which comes in handy on that damper screw.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts