Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all, brand new to this site and brand new to Harleys. Been riding imports for over 30 years and finally made the move to the big boys. I have a 2000 Dyna Convertible that I'd really like to lower a tad. Only one of my feet sit flat while stopped. My son in law just purchased a 2007 soft tail and not only do my feet sit flat while sitting on his bike but my knees are acually bent a bit. So I was wondering if anyone had any thoughts about me purchaseing the triple trees that will allow me to kick out the front, hence lowering the front and then get the rear lowering kit for the shocks. How stable would this setup be and any other input would be appriciated. Thanks in advance.

·
Just passing thru
6,636 Posts
Welcome Barnaclebill,

The rear shock lowering kit may be enough on it's own but if you want to lower the front also, you can just replace the front springs rather than mess with the triple trees and the rake and trail and all that good stuff.

Progressive offers springs that will lower your front end for around $70.
Here is a link. Click here.

·
STAND AND FIGHT!
13,189 Posts
I don't mean it as a smart ass suggestion, but just a reminder,
the right pair of motorcycle boots is like having a 1" drop in the suspension.

Some people also use a shorter seat, or both, to minimize the need for changes to the suspension..

·
Old Member
2,896 Posts
What also works is cutting an inch out of the seats foam and a tad off the sides.

PS: Welcome

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks all for your imput. I checked out the progressive site and was impressed with the idea of the $70 fork refit. Also I can either purchase shorter shocks or get the shock lowering kit. As for the boots, yea, when I wear mine my feet do touch the ground but I usually only wear my boots when on a long run. Around town I wear my boat shoes or sneakers. Too lazy to pull the boots on I guess. Not sure I want to mess with the seat but I did purchase the bike with a solo seat that I haven't tried out yet. Maybe I should also make a trial run with that. The one thing I did want to do however was to kick out the front just a tad. Don't want to overdo it. After all I'm a grandpa and no longer do I need to try to look "cool". Just being cool is enough.... :)
Thanks again guys.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts