Has anyone done this?
How do you like it?
Does it chnage the ride?
how did you do it?
front and back or just back?

·
VA Fender Bender
5,549 Posts
I just lowered the back of my 13 Ultra ltd. it is about an inch to an inch and 1/2 lower by using Progressive 944 touring shocks. I was hesitant because I am a tall guy but it actually is very nice, rides great. Not sure of my plans for the front yet.

·
Imperial Wizard...
4,956 Posts
Lowering blocks are the easyiest way to lower the back...pretty cheap on flea bay....it does change the ride.....if you only go 1" not to bad..any more rides like crap and you will bottom out and scrap your pipes... why are you wanting to lower it ...for looks or to make it easyier to reach the ground...there are seats that can help...just wondering...

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
just for looks, i like the low look so i figured i could try it and see and if i hear of no real problems from others on here then why not give it a shot. For what the kits cost and how long it takes to install, if i dont like it no big loss i just take it off.

·
Registered
612 Posts
I had 3inch blocks on the back off my ultra and it rode fine and looked bass%$ . It didn't bottom out and I only drug my pipes because I have 39 inch fishtails. I switched out the blocks for 2" lowered Chrome shocks. If you like the look than go for it. Even if it did drag, your spossed to slow ride them lowriders. If I wanted to ride fast is bought a rice burner.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

1 - 5 of 5 Posts