Harley Davidson Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need to lower my wife's 2011 Softail Custom, i picked up the bolt kit from Harley, now I am hearing that the ride sucks with it installed. Hearing that the www.softaillowingkit.com is the way to go on a budget. If I can get some input on what the my best options are I would appreciate it.
Thanks

·
Harley Rider
10,488 Posts
Did you try a new seat first?

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes she tried the super reduced reach seat and she could flat foot the bike. she hated how hard the seat was, she wants to stay with the stock seat.
I just talked to my local shop I use when I need to and he says the bolt kit does not mess with the ride quality, he is going by the 15 to 20 kits that he has installed.

·
Registered
8,899 Posts
I need to lower my wife's 2011 Softail Custom, i picked up the bolt kit from Harley, now I am hearing that the ride sucks with it installed. Hearing that the www.softaillowingkit.com is the way to go on a budget. If I can get some input on what the my best options are I would appreciate it.
Thanks
My wife had a Heritage soft tail . What I did to help her out was take her seat off and un fasten the staples under it. Pealed it back a little. Then took an electric Turkey carving knife and cut away some of the foam where her thighs would be. Took about and inch off bought sides. REALLY helped her out. Another thing you can do is a just the shocks underneath the bike. Just a couple of turns and its enough ...Hope this all helps instead of spending $$$ from the dealer :)

·
Harley Rider
10,488 Posts
I had lowered my Heritage and the ride quality was still good.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts